• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 12:59:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 781
Total: 781

Aquatic Experience

Started by Mugwump, October 26, 2015, 07:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

NADA...Nobody at the desk.  It doesn't surprise me.  Was Josie there?  Do you have any fish pics?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 07, 2015, 08:23:46 PM
NADA...Nobody at the desk.  It doesn't surprise me.  Was Josie there?  Do you have any fish pics?

No Josie, and never saw anyone at the NADA booth the whole time...........it wasn't really a fish show for individual selling vendors, but a few distributors did....mostly shrimp, neons, one guy did have a few angels...but his tank looked like hell...and it started cycling by noon today...he only had one air stone going since Thurs. PM, when he set up......the idiot..not a breeder tho...just a wholesaler....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I understand why Josie wasn't there.  It wasn't the right kind of venue for her.  NADA's absence after paying for the booth and setting it up doesn't surprise me.  I'm pretty sure that this Chicage NADA will my last.  I will be there because I told them, "If I'm not there is will be because I'm dead" and because I want to meet my friends from here.

PaulineMi

Nice photos Jon. Thanks for sharing.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

Thanks Jon.   At SD there is a pic of Keith Perkins (cozy keith) standing at the NADA booth.  And a tank, not so good looking, with some discus, next to him.  He is one of the NADA locals putting on the convention.  Sure hope I can go.
Barb

b125killer

To bad I had to work all weekend. I did go to  Schaumburg on Friday, that was to get some crabs for the saltwater tank. It looks like it was fun.
Scott

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Barb on November 08, 2015, 11:23:14 AM
Thanks Jon.   At SD there is a pic of Keith Perkins (cozy keith) standing at the NADA booth.  And a tank, not so good looking, with some discus, next to him.  He is one of the NADA locals putting on the convention.  Sure hope I can go.
Barb

Barb, if Keith accepted the job of manning the booth he shouldn't have left it empty every time Mug looked.  I'm sure that they took a nice pic of him for simple.  Mug and Jan were in charge of the TAS booth.  I'll give you 100 to one that they were not absent except to grab a meal.  That's the way it should be.  It's not how things are done with NADA.  I've been on the inside.  I have seen.

I will shut up now before I say something I will regret.  Perhaps I should be listening to someone other than David Bowie for the past 45 minutes.

Rjb3

If I spent $900 plus $40 for wi-fi, I'd make sure somebody was there every second.

Maybe next year I'll get a booth . . . . . . Yeah, right.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 08, 2015, 09:19:57 PM
If I spent $900 plus $40 for wi-fi, I'd make sure somebody was there every second.

Maybe next year I'll get a booth . . . . . . Yeah, right.

The folks across from us had some kind of deal. Their booth was free for a 20% cut of the profits...

Mark said he paid $800 for his corner booth area....

The NADA booth might have free.....??...TAS, Greenwater, and a few other clubs/societies were gratis ...
Jon

Rjb3

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 09, 2015, 06:22:47 AM
Interesting

They might give you a table in exchange for giving a talk too....???    win/win...
Jon

Second Hand Pat

Hey guys, I help with updating the NADA website and updated the Aquatic Experience blurb on the website home page, http://www.discusnada.org/ in case anyone is interested. :) First off there was no booth fee. NADA is a non-for-profit which most likely figured into the free booth. Discus Hans invited NADA to put in a presence at a Aquatic Experience and there was only two weeks to prepare. Keith did all the prep work with a little support help and indeed the booth was manned the entire time.

The main point for the NADA to be at the Aquatic Experience was to promote the Chicago 2016 discus show. However as an extra bonus Hans donated some discus to NADA which he provided for a show display. Keith and company sold raffle tickets for the discus during the show and the fish were raffled off at the end of the show. Several new NADA members were signed up during the show also. The raffles and the membership drive raised some much needed funds for the 2016 show. NADA considers it's presence a big win for the organization.
Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Mugwump

Quote from: Second Hand Pat on November 15, 2015, 10:49:10 AM
Hey guys, I help with updating the NADA website and updated the Aquatic Experience blurb on the website home page, http://www.discusnada.org/ in case anyone is interested. :) First off there was no booth fee. NADA is a non-for-profit which most likely figured into the free booth. Discus Hans invited NADA to put in a presence at a Aquatic Experience and there was only two weeks to prepare. Keith did all the prep work with a little support help and indeed the booth was manned the entire time.

The main point for the NADA to be at the Aquatic Experience was to promote the Chicago 2016 discus show. However as an extra bonus Hans donated some discus to NADA which he provided for a show display. Keith and company sold raffle tickets for the discus during the show and the fish were raffled off at the end of the show. Several new NADA members were signed up during the show also. The raffles and the membership drive raised some much needed funds for the 2016 show. NADA considers it's presence a big win for the organization.

Most the fish folk that I know around here are excited about the NADA show next year...it will draw well in Lombard......We had the GCCA swap table next to Josie and Miranda today.....it was one of the topics that we talked about.....this is a great town for discus and other fish hobbyists...we draw 1500 or so folks for a 4hr swap....60+ vendors, two rooms with almost 100 tables.....think what NADA will draw.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I suggested that they have a swap and NADA but they thought that it was not a good idea so I dropped it.  I sure hope that they have more vendor space available this time than last.