• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 04:48:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 49
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 45
Total: 45

Quad City Swap

Started by nix70c, September 08, 2016, 08:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nix70c

Putting out feelers - trying to resurrect this swap in Davenport IA, just over the border from Illinois. The venue has Sunday Oct 23 wide open. Probably something like Noon til 4 with setup starting around 10AM? Bears play on Thursday that week, hopefully no baseball conflict (GO CUBS?)

Nice venue, about 3000 sq ft in their lower level with refreshments and a bar upstairs.

Our local Facebook group is over 2000 members now plus advertising at the fish shops, online, etc. I don't think we would conflict with any other swaps in the region, so I'm hoping to pull in people from Des Moines to Chicago.

At $10 a table would anyone be interested in selling? Nothing firm yet, just looking for feedback..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

That's a great deal.  In these parts, tables go for $20 to $30.

Dennis

wsantia1

10 bucks a table? I wish I was still out there for that. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

I'm in. We had many good times in the past at the Quad City events. Great idea resurrecting that swap.

BallAquatics

It will be next February before the swaps start up around here...  Lots of fall auctions though.   |^|

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on September 09, 2016, 11:08:39 AM
It will be next February before the swaps start up around here...  Lots of fall auctions though.   |^|

Dennis

I just cannot get into auctions..... huh....swaps are nice because of the breeder/buyers one on one...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Auctions are nice for getting rid of excess fish or ones you no longer want. But swaps are a lot more fun.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

ilroost

I like the auctions better. As a buyer that is. Some really good deals can be had. A bunch of us sit in the back and cut up kinda like way back when in study hall. At a auction is where you can run into a lot of friends at the same time and have time to just shoot the shit for awhile

BallAquatics

We have worked at making our auctions a bit more personable and I like them much better now.

Dennis

nix70c

We are a 'go' for the Quad City swap, drop me a line if you'd like a table! Also the bar opens at 1 for drinks and refreshments!

Mugwump

Looks good Alex....nice flyer  |^|

We'll try to be there for sure...
Jon

nix70c

Putting on the finishing touches. This things got legs, we'll have seller tables upstairs AND downstairs.

Mugwump

Quote from: nix70c on October 15, 2016, 12:08:15 AM
Putting on the finishing touches. This things got legs, we'll have seller tables upstairs AND downstairs.

....nice.... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Jon

Mugwump

...anybody else here going to be at the QC swap on Sunday??
Jon