• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 06:35:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 600
Total: 600

Stephen Hawkings

Started by Mugwump, October 24, 2017, 08:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

In celebration of Open Access Week, my doctoral thesis, Properties of Expanding Universes, written in 1966, is now available to the public. Anyone, anywhere in the world should have free, unhindered access to not just my research, but to the research of every great and enquiring mind across the spectrum of human understanding.

I hope my work will inspire someone to pursue their own research, to seek the answer to one of the universe's many unanswered questions, as the works of Isaac Newton, James Clerk Maxwell, and Albert Einstein once inspired me. After so many requests over time from people wanting to read this thesis, I also hope it doesn't disappoint. If it does, please address any questions or complaints to my younger self. You will only have to invent time travel to do so. - SH

http://www.repository.cam.ac.uk/handle/1810/251038
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I saw on the news yesterday that the website crashed after they put this up.  Looks like it is back up now.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on October 24, 2017, 09:01:40 AM
I saw on the news yesterday that the website crashed after they put this up.  Looks like it is back up now.

...yep the initial demands blew it up.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson