• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 09:57:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 369
Total: 369

New Fish Room

Started by JR, June 03, 2013, 05:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Getting started on my fish room. Our home is a Duplex and we are turning it into a single family. Today I removed the 100 amp services and replaced them with a 200 amp service. Took all day. Next I have to cut a 6  foot hole in the center basement wall to make it one basement. Then I am going to stud the walls and put in a drop celling. I will have close to a 1000 sqfeet to do what ever I wont with. Happy happy me.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

BillT

Sounds fun. I like setting up fish rooms.
Are you going to insulate and vapor seal your new studded walls?

Mugwump

Ah, the adventure begins anew....that's great....perhaps some pics as you progress ??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Oh yes, we do like pictures!  Have fun!

Dennis

JR

Will be vapor seal and insulate. The hard part will be removing the center wall. Carry all that cement out. Have to get the grandsons to do that

Mugwump

Hmmmm???? dynamite??? or maybe C4.??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

You might want to get some holes cut to pass pipes/wires through.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on June 03, 2013, 08:43:31 PM

Yep, think water, drainage, electric, etc.....easier to get your basic needs in before the racks and tanks..
Jon

BillT

QuoteYep, think water, drainage, electric, etc.....easier to get your basic needs in before the racks and tanks..

Amen!

Mugwump

Quote from: Mugwump on June 04, 2013, 05:37:27 AM
Quote from: BillT on June 03, 2013, 08:43:31 PM

Yep, think water, drainage, electric, etc.....easier to get your basic needs in before the racks and tanks..

oops..forgot air lines..... ;D
Jon

JR

I have drains and sinks on both sides of the basement. Going to run my PVC before the racks. Do all you glue your PVC . I always have. I think I read somewhere that you dont need to.

Mugwump

I know folks that don't too. I guess it's a preference. I don't see why it's really needed, besides, if you decide to change anything it's easier to reconfigure if unglued. I think any minor leakage is a plus, if there even is any....it'll help 'bleed' any extra air/back pressure out....makes your pump last longer, less heat,etc....
Jon

BillT

I use glue for pressurized water lines and silicon for air lines and unpressurized water (drain) lines.

JR

Been all week on my wall will be done tomorrow. that dog gone thing was 2 foot thick. Made me a conveyer belt to get that old wall out. When I worked I never worked this hard. Thank God for grandsons

Mugwump

Dang, that's a wall..especially for being interior, load bearing, or not...
Jon