• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 02:24:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 624
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 604
Total: 604

Never had this happen before

Started by LizStreithorst, December 05, 2013, 07:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

My 40 wigglers decided to free swim just before lights out.  My fish always wait until it's daytime.  And these guys are free swimming with a vengeance.  Ain't no sticking their heads back on the cone.  It's a small spawn and the pair can do no wrong so I won't worry.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

LOL..they're on 'Mother Nature's' schedule....I've had em free swim about every period of the day you can think of...Spawning too...anytime....I have one pair that likes the lights out...only a dim glow in the fish room....their fry go free swimming usually late evening too....water parameters can play a role here too....if the water is too cool, it's takes them longer...if warmer, they likely follow the 'norm'...48 hrs to wigglers and free swim about day five....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson