• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 12:50:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 801
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 801
Total: 801

I've Been Thinking!(NEVER A GOOD THING)

Started by b125killer, August 31, 2015, 08:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Patience I have, restraint is another story. I'm hoping i can add life before Christmas. I need to restrain my self from not over stocking the tank.
Scott

LizStreithorst

Restrain yourself.  This is salt water,  It's not like fresh where you can change water at will.  Go slow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 29, 2015, 09:26:52 PM
Restrain yourself.  This is salt water,  It's not like fresh where you can change water at will.  Go slow.

+1....ditto......slow and easy....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 30, 2015, 06:36:39 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 29, 2015, 09:26:52 PM

+1....ditto......slow and easy....

+2
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Found a hitchhiker today a Asterina sp. star. I took him out, there like Trumpet snails in fresh water. Given the chance they will take over the tank. It's a good sign, the tank is supporting life.
Scott

Mugwump

surprise!!!.....hopefully the only one too... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I also got a fist full of macroalgae for the refugem. I figured with the nitrate being high the plants should help out. It was also the last thing I needed to get the refugem complete. Things are looking good in there, I'm happy with it so far.
Scott

Mugwump

Jon

b125killer

It was a nice surprise but he had to go. I'm thinking it might not take as long as I was thinking to cycle it.
Scott

b125killer

Starting week three, things are starting to turn green. It's a good sign, pretty soon I'll need a clean up crew. I also need a different protein skimmer.  The one I got is a piece of poo! Unfortunately the spot I made in the sump is rather small for a skimmer. I have found a few but there kind of expensive.
Scott

Mugwump

...great, it's coming along nicely.......slow and steady, as it should be....nice job, Scott... |^|
Jon

b125killer

Thanks, it has been slow. Things are starting to happen so that makes me happy.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on November 02, 2015, 07:11:49 PM
Thanks, it has been slow. Things are starting to happen so that makes me happy.

+1....
Jon

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Thanks Guys, It took 4 weeks to cycle the tank. My water parameters  dropped to 0. I had a friend price a clean up crew package for me. It had over 200 critters in it! and he wanted $125. plus $50. for shipping! I told he he needs to put down the pipe!  w!w I asked why he would put so many critters in a newly cycled tank. He said to clean up the algae quickly. I asked what happens when they clean everything and there's no algae left. he said that half of them will become food for the other half. That just doesn't sound right to me. More likely most will die and spike my parameters. So I got my own clean up crew, There doing a good Job too. There's also a purple feather duster in there. She is a filter feeder but she needs to be fed. I wouldn't consider he part of the clean up crew. the rocks where completely covered in algae Friday.   
2 emerald crabs, 12  Hermit Crabs, 3 Turbo Snails, 3  Cerith Snails, and 4  Nassarius Snails.
Scott