• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 02:02:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,352
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 906
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 907
Total: 907

..and so it's Saturday..now what?

Started by Mugwump, March 31, 2018, 11:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...a slow day here.......but we did go out to see an 'estate sale' across town.....they said 'free' books....Jan scored a few, and we bought a couple kitchen things.....a couple Rubbermaid lidded containers and a real nice clear, lidded baking dish....Pyrex, of course....

...now we're just loafing around......tho I did finish the BB league final $$$'s....the league pot for the 2017 season was $1195...... :o.....our fantasy draft will be late this year....some of the fella's
won't be around for our usual early April get together....one in China, another in Florida, and another in Kentucky.....so we'll meet up on April 21st... huh

So what's up with you folks?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

This is our pet wild honker. Every morning he uses the driveway like a runway, takes off and flies around the house a few times, and then comes down to the kitchen door for treats. He likes apple, sliced thin if you please, and he likes corn, but only if you cut it off the cob first.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on March 31, 2018, 12:58:50 PM
This is our pet wild honker. Every morning he uses the driveway like a runway, takes off and flies around the house a few times, and then comes down to the kitchen door for treats. He likes apple, sliced thin if you please, and he likes corn, but only if you cut it off the cob first.

....love it !!....LOL.....'Easter dinner'.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I beg your pardon Mug, but one does not eat one's pet's (except for excess males of any species).

I have a doe that shows up every evening before dusk with her two young'uns.  It's such a beautiful sight.  I put out some corn for them after I feed the horse. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 31, 2018, 02:39:21 PM
I beg your pardon Mug, but one does not eat one's pet's (except for excess males of any species).

I have a doe that shows up every evening before dusk with her two young'uns.  It's such a beautiful sight.  I put out some corn for them after I feed the horse.

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm  venison.... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

..today we hit 56degs with some rain....tonight we'll drop in the teens...tomorrow's high expected in the low 30's....the winds are howling out of the north right now.........

..March is exiting with a roar....
Jon

Mugwump

.....so what's planned for Easter ?

#2 son and family are coming over for dinner here....
Jon

LizStreithorst

It's been perfect weather here.  Perfect for sleeping outside but I cant because of my stupid hips.  What was that hammock you recommended to me once Mug?

I have no Easter plans. I'll just do what will make me happy which is cook up a storm.  I will be pissed if my gumbo sucks.  All the sea food cost a dang fortune and I can taste it in my mind's taste buds if I do everything right.  Sometimes what I cook sucks.  Failing is part of the learning process but it still sucks.  If it passes muster I will offer some to my Chef when he comes by after work Monday. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..time to go read here..........night all  8)
Jon

Ron Sower

...went to a cactus/succulent nursery today and found some neat ones... this evening went to greater downtown historic Florence for a battle of the bands which is a prelude to Country Thunder coming next week...    https://www.countrythunder.com

...had a beer, some fudge and a bbq burrito....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 31, 2018, 11:45:31 PM
...went to a cactus/succulent nursery today and found some neat ones... this evening went to greater downtown historic Florence for a battle of the bands which is a prelude to Country Thunder coming next week...    https://www.countrythunder.com

...had a beer, some fudge and a bbq burrito....

*fudge*.....LOL.....snuck that in there, huh?..... |^| 
Jon