• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 02:06:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,352
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 907
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 900
Total: 900

..and so it's Saturday

Started by Mugwump, March 10, 2018, 03:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...water changes done....part of it the hard way....think buckets..... :'(

then some putz'n and off to a late lunch/dinner....

..so what's happening folks ???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

....we're chill'n for the evening now..............relaxxxxxxing ;)

Father Brown snares another bad guy... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...spent the morning getting in touch with brother's sons and handing over the helm to them to get the funeral arrangements made, while Lucy got us flight tickets to VA...

...several friends came by to share their condolences with us...

...did a little deck un-decorating from SF...

...it's overcast today which is a downer... I want my sunshine back...! 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I know it's not a fun trip to make, but travel safe, and take heart to the fact that you'll be with, and sharing, grief with family.
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on March 10, 2018, 06:34:43 PM
I know it's not a fun trip to make, but travel safe, and take heart to the fact that you'll be with, and sharing, grief with family.
...Thanks, Mugs...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm so sorry to here about your brother, Ron.

I wanted to go to the plumbing supply store but found out that they're not open on Saturdays.  Home Depot was a huge disappointment when it came to 2" PVC supplies.  Loews saved my ass.  They had every thing that I need for my project.  I'd have liked a 4" sch 80 valve but I settled for a sch 40.

After WC the top water storage container is empty.  I'm filling the bottom container now for WC tomorrow when it will be emptied, too.  I set up around 200 gallons of temporary water storage containers to use for WC during the fix it time and for a while after in case we fail.

I'm not confident about this project.  I have never worked with the Chef Andy.  I don't work well with everybody.  I couldn't work with my husband although we were fine when not doing a project together.  I kinda think that Andy and I will be OK but you never know.  I know that his work is meticulous.  He is for sure able to do a better job than an average carpenter when it comes to clean cuts and perfect joints.  I'm not certain that he understands the problem exactly.  He says he does he's taken pictures from every angel and says he knows what to do.  I hope so...

And then there's me.  I have to the plumbing part and it's real hard.  I'll be using unions rather in some places.  I just discovered unions because being self taught, I don't know lots of stuff.  I never even knew that unions exited before.  This will be my first time using them.  I think that I will love them but I wish that my first time will be in front of another person.  The worst part is all the parts and connections have to fit together perfectly because there is no room on either side for error.  I'm good at making it work but being perfect is beyond me.

I've been stressed about this project ever since Chef brought lumber.  Until then it was just talk.  I've been worrying for a full week.  I hate getting out of bed in the mornings  because it brings me one day closer to Project Day.  I hope I don't screw up.  Odds are on my side.  Although I hate being under pressure I do well under pressure.  I'm just so insecure.  I never set out to know plumbing.  I don't even like plumbing.  It forced itself on me because the fish demanded it.  I wish Frank the Plumber could show up and hold my hand.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...you'll do fine Liz.....adventures are fun..... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

...Thanks, Liz...and Mugs is right...you'll do fine...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I always seem to manage to muddle through.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon