• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 03:10:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 517
Total: 517

Leftovers...

Started by Mugwump, January 21, 2017, 12:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..when this Italian beef is gone, I'm gonna cry...it's so good.....MMMMmmm....and only a bit left  :'(
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've got a corned beef in the oven ;D  I've made slaw and will broil a tater to go with it.  Sandwiches on my excellent Zimmerman's rye for several days afterward.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 21, 2017, 12:47:07 PM
I've got a corned beef in the oven ;D  I've made slaw and will broil a tater to go with it.  Sandwiches on my excellent Zimmerman's rye for several days afterward.

..your house must smell wonderful....MMMMmmmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's starting to.  I cook it low and slow in the oven and it has only been cooking for about an hour with 5 hrs left to go.  Want the recipe?  It's a good one.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 21, 2017, 12:54:50 PM
It's starting to.  I cook it low and slow in the oven and it has only been cooking for about an hour with 5 hrs left to go.  Want the recipe?  It's a good one.

...sure, we'll add it to our book....and try it next time we get a corned beef.. |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I think that this is an Alton Brown Recipe.

Wisk together 2 bottles of good dark beer (I use Mew Belgium Fat Tire) with 2 T brown sugar in a large pot.  Snuggle in a 3 lb corned beer.  Add 1 T pickling spice along with the packet that comes with the corned beer, an onion sliced lengthwise, and a whole head of garlic cut in half.  Bring to a simmer on stove top, cover , and pop into a 300 degree oven for 4 to 6 hrs.  Turn the roast half way through.

If you want the veggies cooked in the broth, spoon out 2 c of the liquid from the corned beer.  Cut cabbage into 8 wedges.  Heat 1 T oil in a wide pot and brown cabbage over medium high heat for 3 or 4 minutes.  Add a bag of baby carrots and a pound of taters cut into 3/4" chunks.  Pour in the 2 cups of broth, bring to a simmer, cover and cook over low for 10 to 15 minutes.  Remove the cabbage and cook the carrots 5 to ten minutes more.  I don't do that since I'm not fond of cooked cabbage and carrots and I prefer to roast my taters alone in the oven and make a coleslaw.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 21, 2017, 01:52:53 PM
I think that this is an Alton Brown Recipe.

Wisk together 2 bottles of good dark beer (I use Mew Belgium Fat Tire) with 2 T brown sugar in a large pot.  Snuggle in a 3 lb corned beer.  Add 1 T pickling spice along with the packet that comes with the corned beer, an onion sliced lengthwise, and a whole head of garlic cut in half.  Bring to a simmer on stove top, cover , and pop into a 300 degree oven for 4 to 6 hrs.  Turn the roast half way through.

If you want the veggies cooked in the broth, spoon out 2 c of the liquid from the corned beer.  Cut cabbage into 8 wedges.  Heat 1 T oil in a wide pot and brown cabbage over medium high heat for 3 or 4 minutes.  Add a bag of baby carrots and a pound of taters cut into 3/4" chunks.  Pour in the 2 cups of broth, bring to a simmer, cover and cook over low for 10 to 15 minutes.  Remove the cabbage and cook the carrots 5 to ten minutes more.  I don't do that since I'm not fond of cooked cabbage and carrots and I prefer to roast my taters alone in the oven and make a coleslaw.

..Thanks, that looks good.... |^|
Jon

waterboy

Stuffed Chicken Breasts.  I will try not to overeat.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on January 21, 2017, 02:33:36 PM
Stuffed Chicken Breasts.  I will try not to overeat.

...those are so good...stuffed pork chops too.... |^|
Jon

wallace

Ham and cookies. I had salad for breakfast so its ok.

Dan

Mugwump

Jon