• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 04:58:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 596
Total: 596

I am on the verge of death

Started by Charlotte, January 14, 2016, 03:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

That's what I thought too, George.   Her parts are already out.  I should replace everything iffy.  I saw the clutch and I sure don't want a water pump to go out on a newly rebuilt engine.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 22, 2016, 06:59:21 PM
That's what I thought too, George.   Her parts are already out.  I should replace everything iffy.  I saw the clutch and I sure don't want a water pump to go out on a newly rebuilt engine.

+1... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

Correct it is the labor cost that eat up your money. If you don't change them now then 4 months down the road the part goes out and you pay labor for R & R again for something that could have been replace while the engine was out and pay no extra for it to be done.

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 22, 2016, 07:00:14 PM

+1... |^|

+2
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 23, 2016, 10:46:50 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 22, 2016, 07:00:14 PM

+1... |^|

+2

+3

Charlotte, you're getting me to thinking I should have hung on to my Ford Windstar. She's called "Fishmobile". She was great for hauling aquaria and bags of fish and equipment all over the place. My friend down the street who owns her now, lets me see her and even drive her to pick up tanks once in awhile.  I've heard he was thinking about selling her. In your opinion, do you think she'd be pissed at me since I sold her to a very good friend and bought "Burban" to pull my Ducky? If she'd too upset she might just up and quit on me. Whatdayathink?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Charlotte

I've never met her, Ron so I can't say for sure.  If I were Fishmobile I'd feel honored to be wanted back.  If you get her give her a little special love.  A shiny man perhaps or having some little thing fixed that has been broken will make her feel appreciated.  She is mechanical so things will break.  Things go wrong with humans when they get older, but it's not because they want them to.  I say you should go for it.  If you do, tell her that she has a friend in Mississippi who wishes her health and long life.
Keep on Truckin'

Ron Sower

Quote from: Charlotte on January 24, 2016, 08:43:23 AM
I've never met her, Ron so I can't say for sure.  If I were Fishmobile I'd feel honored to be wanted back.  If you get her give her a little special love.  A shiny man perhaps or having some little thing fixed that has been broken will make her feel appreciated.  She is mechanical so things will break.  Things go wrong with humans when they get older, but it's not because they want them to.  I say you should go for it.  If you do, tell her that she has a friend in Mississippi who wishes her health and long life.
Charlotte, I don't think I've ever met a sweeter car than you. Fishmobile is on loan by her humans to a family member who lost her car in a wreck. She's always doing good for others and even continues with her new owners. When she gets back I'll go down there and give her a pat on the hood and tell her about you...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 26, 2016, 11:05:44 AM
Quote from: Charlotte on January 24, 2016, 08:43:23 AM
Charlotte, I don't think I've ever met a sweeter car than you. Fishmobile is on loan by her humans to a family member who lost her car in a wreck. She's always doing good for others and even continues with her new owners. When she gets back I'll go down there and give her a pat on the hood and tell her about you...

+1....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Charlotte dear,  BJ was hoping that your heart would come in today, but he never called to say that did indeed arrive.  I wanted to stop buy and check on you, but I was just there yesterday.  Only crazy people visit their vehicle while it's in the garage.  I don't want to appear crazier than they know me to be.  I'll check with them tomorrow.  You have no idea how much I miss you.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Charlotte

Mom, you DID come in today ;D ;D ;D  My parts are all in my bed and the new ones are atop my fenders.  I heard BJ tell you that my heart came in just before you visited.  You saw it and fawned over it and asked what viscosity oil he would put in it.  You gave me Castrol 20/40  back when I heart problems..  BJ said that he would use a 10/30.  That made sense to me and Liz both.  Mom asked BJ to tell her when she picks me up how to best break in my repaired heart.  She thinks that she knows how but wants to be sure.

I'm sorry that it will take them until Friday to put me back together.  I know that she wants to sell my stall mate, The Beast, to perhaps buy a new little stall mate for me.  We both know that the Beast no longer meets her needs.  We both feel bad for him.

It won't hurt my feelings  to have a sexy sports car beside me.  I know that I am loved.   I may be old but I am a sound old lady. Mom has invested more in me that I am worth.  that is love.
Keep on Truckin'

Charlotte

I was so disappionted :(  The company that rebuilt my heart didn't include the pilot bushing.  BJ called everywhere but nobody had it because my heart was made so long ago.  Mom came by after doing dogs and she saw me with my heart still sitting on chains in front of me.  She was disappointed as much as I, but when BJ told her that they were overnight one to him and if they couldn't buy one they would make one, it made her feel better which made me feel better.  I'll be ready to go Monday.  They're nice to me there at BJ's but it's not the same as being home where I am loved.
Keep on Truckin'