• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 08:09:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 566
Total: 566

Welcome Charlotte

Started by Mugwump, November 23, 2015, 03:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

Chips grandfather's truck looks like a '51.

Charlotte

Mom remembers uncle Chip saying a long time ago that it was a '38.  She didn't ask him to remind her today when she took the pic.  She was made before they could bend glass.  The windshield is in two different flat panes.  I love that truck. A good while back, I was parked where I could see her while I was waiting for uncle Chip to have the time to work on me.  Mom loves her, too. 

Uncle Chip says that her engine is perfect, but there she sits on flat tires waiting for a little love.  Mom and I both feel sorry for her.  She has such great potential.
Keep on Truckin'

Charlotte

It looks just like your pics.  Mom will ask Uncle Chip again.  She will stop by his shop tomorrow if he's open and find out for sure.

Ain't she an absolute beauty?  Mom and I are both in love with her.  All the truck needs is love and money.
Keep on Truckin'

Rjb3

Quote from: Charlotte on November 24, 2015, 07:25:35 PM
It looks just like your pics.  Mom will ask Uncle Chip again.  She will stop by his shop tomorrow if he's open and find out for sure.

Ain't she an absolute beauty?  Mom and I are both in love with her.  All the truck needs is love and money.

Yup. She's a beauty.   '51 was the last year for pull down door handles and it was the first year for wing windows in the side glass.

Charlotte

Mom says that she had no idea that you knew about anything other than making the best fish food and guns.  She is embarrassed that you know more about uncle Chip's truck that she thought she knew.  It's OK, she likes it when she is proven wrong in a kind way. 

Mom tells me that you are her Captain.  My mom may be strange but she's not stupid.  I know from personal experience that she has good taste.  I hope that you and I are buddies, too.

We both think very highly of you and all three of us love that poor beautiful truck.  Mom would buy her and make her perfect with her old patina protected with a clear coat if she could.  Alas, mom is not made of money and doing that is a job for someone with money to throw away.  Poor truck....
Keep on Truckin'

Rjb3

We're buds Charlotte. Your Mom wasn't exactly proved wrong. Just corrected on the year model. When I took my '49 to the car shows rarely did people guess the year correctly. It's because the '49 and '50 models looked exactly alike from the outside. The differences were the carburetor and the type of shock absorbers. They couldn't be seen from the outside. Unless you looked under the truck or under the hood, nobody could tell the difference for sure.

The 1949 Chevy truck was the only year model that used a Carter W-1 684 S carburetor. Nobody knows this stuff, 'cept an old truck guy like me. Doesn't make me special or smart. Just makes me and old truck guy.