• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 04:30:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 765
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 750
Total: 750

where was this when I was a kid?

Started by P4Angels, January 31, 2014, 10:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

shatanka

LOL..where was this when I was a kid?? lmao 

This is pretty ingenious actually! I think I would be cutting myself with the blade getting close to my fingers in the prep stage of creating it! I think I will have to try it myself though to see how this turns out! Cool video and idea. ( I wonder how this guy even thought of the idea of using a close pin in coming up with this ?)

Mugwump

...huh?...we made those all the time, seriously....we also made 'rubber' guns using cut up old inner tubes as ammo....huge slingshots from inner tubes, stretched between two trees...we could shoot a half bushel of apples, 'buckeyes',etc,  well over a 150ft.....LOL...and we made the first bungies too, for swinging over creeks and dropping in when swimming at the 'hole'.....sheesh....we played outside guys.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

We also made these as kids. My dad took mine if he found them.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

PaulineMi

......we survived childhood in spite of it all.   Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on February 01, 2014, 06:29:56 AM
We also made these as kids. My dad took mine if he found them.

LOL...my Dad too.... ;D

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 01, 2014, 06:35:13 AM

Yes we did.....somehow jumping off the quarry rim at 30-40 feet to swim seems nuts now...LOL

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 01, 2014, 06:35:13 AM

Yes we did.....somehow jumping off the quarry rim at 30-40 feet to swim seems nuts now...LOL
[/quote]

We did that too.  Couldn't be labelled a chicken if we turned and decided not to jump.  We'd also climb to the top of billboards and watch traffic go by.   :o
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

JR

We all came up about the same. We would climp up the water tower just because we could. I have never been able to swim. But that did not stop me. We all would go down to the gravel pits and jump in them. I woul say they had 30 foot sand piles we would jump off of. I always used a life jacket. The only thing I can do is dog paddle. LOL
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

wsantia1

With some of the things we did as kids, if it were today our parents would have been arrested for child abuse/neglect. LOL
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

I knew it! Hardened criminals all, and it began with your mispent youths...!   ;D ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Yeah....neglected kids all.  The only rule was be home when the street lights come on.

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on February 01, 2014, 02:04:25 PM
Yeah....neglected kids all.  The only rule was be home when the street lights come on.

yep, that was the 'unwritten' rule....get your butt home before dark... ;D
Jon