• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 11:08:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 764
Total: 764

Thinking again about working from home

Started by LizStreithorst, November 15, 2016, 03:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I figured I'd need to buy a nice out building and have it hauled in, run electricity to it and plumbing to it, and insulate it, etc.  I'm sure it would end up costing me close to $15,000 to get it right.  The building alone is over $8,000.

Over the weekend it occurred to me that I could set up a grooming room and all my equipment in my office.  I don't use the room except for talking to y'all and storage for fish shipping boxes.  I measured my raised tub today.  It's 4X6'.  There is space for it in the fish room which is already plumbed for water.  I wouldn't even need to buy a hot water heater!

I'm not going to just up and do this.  It's a big deal change.  I will loose a lot of business.  I need to save a ton of money before I take the leap.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...interesting plan....would a simple room addition work better?....off the fish room maybe?...might end up cheaper too.. huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Using my existing space will be the least expensive way.  An addition would be nicer but I'd need a slab poured, the room built, insulated and finished and electricity run to it. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 15, 2016, 06:13:30 PM
Using my existing space will be the least expensive way.  An addition would be nicer but I'd need a slab poured, the room built, insulated and finished and electricity run to it.

....a raised wood floor..?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Better for me to use what already exists.  I don't expect a mountain of customers to follow me out to the sticks.  If I do better that I expect, I'll consider a dedicated room.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 15, 2016, 07:00:59 PM
Better for me to use what already exists.  I don't expect a mountain of customers to follow me out to the sticks.  If I do better that I expect, I'll consider a dedicated room.

...I'm with you...you've got a good plan then...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 15, 2016, 08:09:58 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 15, 2016, 07:00:59 PM

...I'm with you...you've got a good plan then...

When I find a good groomer for my dog I will go out of my way to follow them around. Hopefully your customers feel the same way.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.