• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 10:01:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 624
Total: 624

Red Cherry Shrimp

Started by Ron Sower, January 04, 2015, 08:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I have a 5 gallon tank with RCS. Do any of you raise them? I'd like to know what others feed their shrimp. I don't keep fish with them at this time.

Right now I feed mine flakes from Ken's. It's a high grade flake food that i feed to my fish. I pick out mostly large red flakes and a few green ones and toss them in the tank. They sure have colored up more since i started picking out the red flakes. A person that I got my starter shrimp colony from feeds them only Ken's Premium Veggie Sticks, because it has a lot of calcium in it. Our water is pretty soft. But my shrimp don't seem to relish them like she says hers do.

Cap'n Bob...you got some special foods?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 04, 2015, 08:18:27 PM
I have a 5 gallon tank with RCS. Do any of you raise them?

About 10 years ago, I used to keep lots of different shrimp.  I'd feed them flake, algae wafers, and spirulina sticks.  These guys are feasting on an algae wafer, the same kind you'd feed plecos.

Dennis

Rjb3

My flake and FRENZY Super-Max are the two I use for shrimp. Captain's Crunch and Brand-X are two of my not too advertised foods that have added calcium. They are also probiotic.