• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 02:37:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 624
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 622
Total: 622

Got my goodies today

Started by BallAquatics, December 15, 2014, 11:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

What a super nice sampler package.  Nice generous portions so that you have plenty to see how well your fish like each kind.  I went to the website, http://www.captainbobsfishtales.com/?page_id=2 , to see the descriptions for each sampler and found everything except 'Top Secret'.  I'm assuming that it really is!!!  :o

Thanks again Bob.  I'm going to really enjoy trying out these new foods.   ;)

Dennis

lgelb

Mine arrived also, can't wait to get home and try them.

LizStreithorst

I could be wrong, but I think that Top Secret is the same as Brand X. 
some big deal company decided to register Top Secret as a trade name if I remember correctly.  My babies like Brand X/ Top Secret more than Frenzy.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I've used the 'egg foo young' for angel fry, as a first feeding prior to flake....just get it moving and they chow on it.....bbs/microworms are the mainstay here tho....but it provides and extra alternative as they begin to grow...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I've never tried the Egg Foo Young.  He makes it with duck eggs now, you know.  I wonder who his source for duck eggs is.  You can't just buy them at the supermarket. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 15, 2014, 03:16:40 PM
I've never tried the Egg Foo Young.  He makes it with duck eggs now, you know.  I wonder who his source for duck eggs is.  You can't just buy them at the supermarket.

Yep, I have the 'duckie foo' too..... ;D     
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I buy the duck eggs locally from Rose. Nice lady. The eggs are $5 per dozen. Duck eggs have twice the nutrition as chicken eggs by volume. That way other good stuff goes in the food without polluting the water with too much egg.

Top Secret is different from Brand-X. Brand-X was my first probiotic food. Top Secret uses a fish meal replacement product for a protein source. It's a single cell bacteria grown in beer sludge and de-hydrated. It smells like manure. In all my tests it grew fish way faster than any other food I've ever experimented with. I can make a couple hundred more pounds and Top Secret will be history. The additive will no longer be available for anywhere close to an affordable price. The producer originally told me seventy-five cents per pound and upped it to $10 per pound with a 5OO pound minimum order. I told them I make this stuff at the hobby level and there's no chance I'll order $5000 worth of their additive. Almost all my foods are probiotic now. I think that's the way to go.

Guppy Magic is the food somebody asked me to stop producing because they were in the process of getting a trademark. He's just blowing smoke. I made up that food years ago for a guppy breeder as his own label. Then before I could send him samples, he went out of the guppy business. I kept the name and the formula for myself. I'll wait for a letter from his other guy's lawyer before I stop producing it. The same guy tried to tell me his other foods were called X-treem fish foods. I wonder if he knows that name has been used by a Florida fish farm for over 40 years. I'd also be curious if he told them to stop using that name? My last contact with him was July 2013. Not a peep from him or his lawyer so far.

Those are just some of the trials and tribulations of a guy trying to supply fish food to his friends that's way better and way less expensive than commercial food.