• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 12:08:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 593
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 594
Total: 594

Today and tomorrow

Started by LizStreithorst, April 04, 2015, 07:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

After work today I changed the oil and the plug on the lawn mower and got frustrated when it wouldn't crank.  Then I checked the gas tank :-[ :-[ :-[.  Didn't feel like driving down the road for gas so I decided to wash and wax The Beast.  Parts of him kept being in the sun, so I would do a section, wait for the sun to get lower and then do another section.  I got half of him done.  It was fun using the wonderful new 10" buffer let myself buy.  I've wanted one for so long....Waxing The Beast used to be almost an all day job that wore me slam out.

I'll finish him in the morning.  Then I'll buy gas and pray the mower cranks.  They say is will rain in the afternoon so I'll get up early and get to work.  I bet they'll be wrong about the rain.  They are often wrong.  I hope they're wrong.  If they're right I'll be cleaning house which is much harder to get in to.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..radio on...washing the car on a nice day.....aaahhhhhh.....fun times.. ;D...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Not too bad looking for an old man of 16, is he?  The job would have killed me had it not been for the wonderful buffer.  Next weekend I'll tackle the inside.  I've been using it as a hay storage building :-[  I wish his back doors opened.  It would make hosing the cargo area way easier. 

Mugwump

Nice ride....what's wrong with the back doors?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

One day they just quit working,  I looked through  through the gaps in the handles but couldn't figure out what was wrong.  I'm hoping that Chip can figure it out and fix it.  He get's The Beast once he's done with Charlotte.

Ron Sower

I've loved vans for a long time...so useful! Yours is beautiful, Liz!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 05, 2015, 04:24:53 PM
One day they just quit working,  I looked through  through the gaps in the handles but couldn't figure out what was wrong.  I'm hoping that Chip can figure it out and fix it.  He get's The Beast once he's done with Charlotte.

probably the linkage slipped apart, or broke something...mounting screw rusted out...something simple...usually is when they just stop working abruptly...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 05, 2015, 06:09:44 PM
I've loved vans for a long time...so useful! Yours is beautiful, Liz!

I don't need this monster any more.  Once upon a time when I traveled the country showing dairy goats I did. He has a powerstroke diesel.  He held 13 adult goats averaging 150 lbs each, and hauled a trailer with more goats, feed, hay, alfalfa, and equipment up and down mountains without even working hard.  He has heat and AC in the cargo area that kept the goats comfortable in all weather.  I don't need him how, but I bought him new and I have an emotional attachment :-[