• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 06:35:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 45
Total: 46

Sunday-First Day of Spring

Started by wsantia1, March 20, 2022, 06:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Happy Spring Day everyone. Winter is finally over and I am so happy that it is.  We may have a cold spell here and there but the promise of sunshine and warmer weather gives me joy.

It is currently 49 degrees and it will get up to 57 this afternoon but there is no rain in sight and the sun will come out from under the clouds soon.

At the moment, aside from a tight sciatic nerve and a troublesome tendon in my right wrist I am basically pain free. Hopefully once I get moving around a bit, things will loosen up and I can get some things done in the fishroom. I will definitely stay away from the yard work for a while. It takes its toll on me like it does on of all of you.

Hopefully you all can enjoy the great weather and have a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Happy Spring.  Let's hope it stays this time.

I have a hard time believing how weak I am.  Now, I did do a good job planting my blueberry.  Felder says that if you don't feel a little silly about the size of the hole you dig it's not wide enough.  He told me to dig a hole 3 feet wide and mix in 2 shovelfuls of peat moss.  Now, my dirt was a delight to dig, but after getting that one blueberry planted I was totally spent.  I literally could not make myself keep standing.  Thank God I'd eaten lunch and changed water beforehand because I had no choice but to fall into bed at 4 in the afternoon.  Hard to believe isn't it?  I didn't sleep the entire time but the only time I got up was at 1 am to take my nighttime pain meds.

It's another gorgeous day today and sad to say I'm still tired.  I must make myself get that second bush planted.  This one will be a bit easier since I got all the soil turning done yesterday.  Digging the ridiculously wide hole and sticking the plant in the ground won't be as bad.  After that I will do as close to nothing as I can stand.  The 125 in the office needs a WC but although it involves walking outside to get the siphon going it's not hard work.

I hope you feel better after getting going, Willie.  Ron, you are always doing fun things.  Barb, I hope your hard time will be over soon and you'll have your mother comfortably set up in a nursing home.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good day, y'all.....

We're getting last things done for our party this morning...well...Lucy's started and I'll start when I finish writing...

It's 64 now and that might be our high today....!   breezy and a light cloud cover...then it starts warming again...

I gotta get scootin'...have a good day all of you out there in Mugland....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I got my second blueberry in the ground and hauled leaf littler to mulch them well.  Now that I'm half dead I'm taking a rest before I do the WC on the 125.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I did some more deep searching in my tanks with L-183s and looked in grandpa's tank and saw that he was sitting on a clutch of eggs. He's 7+ years old and I haven't spotted him with eggs in 2 years. I'll admit that I haven't been looking too hard for them and it is an Angelfish tank first and foremost. I'll probably pull out the cave and I see wigglers.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.