• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 22, 2024, 05:03:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,365
  • Total Topics: 18,546
  • Online today: 875
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 197
Total: 197

ALBINO PB X BLACK

Started by GeorgeG, January 18, 2015, 03:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeG

Caught this pair spawning a while ago

LizStreithorst

That certainly looks like an interesting cross.  Do you know anythings about the genetics of the Albino?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

George, those are nice......is the black 'het' for pb??.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

I can't remember anything for the pair it's been to long and too many fish between them.

LizStreithorst

We will have to wait to find out, then.  Please keep us updated.

GeorgeG

I am hoping. I got the TDS down to 200 so it's time to see how many are fertile

LizStreithorst

200 is pretty high, but I learned a long time ago from Cary but which mineral salts are in the water is more important that actual TDA. 

Mugwump

Everyone's water is different.....200 tds should be ok, I believe....George, don't you folks get Colorado river water....??....I know parts of that area do....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

river and lake water are more forgiving than well water.  I don't know why.  I just know that it's a fact.

GeorgeG

Yes we get Colorado river water

GeorgeG

Eggs are looking good this morning only saw 3 white ones and the parents are watching over then and taking turns fanning them

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on January 19, 2015, 06:33:32 AM
Eggs are looking good this morning only saw 3 white ones and the parents are watching over then and taking turns fanning them

Good news.... ;D   is there anything else in the tank that they can move them to...??..or just the sponge??...
Jon

GeorgeG