• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 03:37:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 842
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 837
Total: 838

Tis Thursday

Started by Barb, December 22, 2022, 08:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everyone!  60 here right now, raining and very dark. High winds later today they say.  BUT tomorrow it plunges to 30's daytime and 20 or less overnight for a few nights.  This is very cold for my part of the US.  How cold are you where you live?

I have been keeping busy and today is a slow day, thank goodness.  But I am cooking a turkey dinner for tonight, with a couple friends coming over to share it.  Will be my first turkey this season, missed out on T'giving since I was sick.   I am going to a Christmas morning breakfast with a group of single ladies at IHOP.  Looking forward to it, I will get the multigrain pancakes which I like so much.  Latr that day a garden club friend invited me to her home for early dinner, with a few other people too.  This year, all alone with my mom gone now, it is nice to be invited to others who care.

Hope you are all warm in this cold time of year, and have plenty of food and warm clothes.  And a warm home.  And warm pets. And for us here, warm fish tanks!  These are the things that matter.
Barb

LizStreithorst

That ain't nothin', Barb.  Here it will be close to 60 this afternoon and it will drop to the teens overnight.  If that's not enough it will stay that cold, rarely getting above freezing, until Tuesday. 

I've just been piddling this morning.  Later I'm going to make a beer run so I can stock up for the cold weather.  I have plenty of food, although I'm thinking of picking up a London broil.  All the animals have food.

The Stroganoff I made yesterday was the best I've ever had anywhere.  If anyone wants the recipe, let me know.

I'm afraid that's all I've got.  I'm gonna pull out my wool cap, warm gloves and scarf and worry about having to about it being cold.  I bet I'll be spending a lot of time in the fish room over the next several days.  My new gas heater keeps the room 80 degrees all the time.  I love that thing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hello muggers!...

Looks like you guys have some coooool weather over your way!...Brrr!... |brr| |brr| |brr| |brr| Ours isn't so bad, thankfully!...

Another lazy day here...a friend board member just dropped by to drop off some Christmas goodies and visit awhile...and I sent him on his way with a bunch of Vienna guppies and a bottle of Peppermint Schnapps!...he's a Mormon and said he would regift the schnapps, which is fine by me! :D ...

Not much going on today...going to Costco in a bit to get a cheesecake for our Christmas Eve dinner invite, and salad makings for Christmas Day invite...

I'm looking at a few discus a person has posted on local group pages...yellow melons and red pigeon bloods...I really want the blue diamonds, but my friend doesn't want to sell his! :( :( :( I may just buy young ones from where he got his and grow them out...

Guess that's all for now folks...happy days...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron