• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 07:47:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 734
Total: 734

Christmas Morning coffee

Started by Mugwump, December 25, 2016, 04:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....the coffee is very good.....very, very good...MMMmmmm

..a lazy day here for us....just chill'n... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2....but considering a nap.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't like to do things I dread on holidays but my pump broke during WC yesterday.  (a nylon stocking got stuck in...don't ask)  I got the sock out, put it back together and it still didn't work.  I took the whole damn thing which was hard because it's plumbed in tight.  Some plastic parts in the impeller assembly had kind of melted.  I cleaned it out with a pocket knife and a dental tool, stuck it back together again and it works!  I won't know how well it works until I refill the tanks after this evening's WC.  I bet it's not as strong and fast as it was but it will have to do.  The pump cost $350 8 years ago.  God know how much it would cost to replace today.  The fact that it works is good enough for me.

Since I'm on a roll of doing things I dread, I think I'll go mess with the generator again.  I think that when the cover blew off, rain got in the gas.  I don't know how, but the gas gauge says it has more in it that I remember being in it last time I ran it.  There's a nut on the bottom of the bowl that allows me to drain the gas.  I don't have much hope that I'll get it running again, but I didn't have much hope I'd get the water pump running again either.  Wish me luck.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

Can you order just the impeller parts that need replacing?
Dan

LizStreithorst

Surely I can.  I got the pump from Aquatic Ecosystems.  It's a Pan World pump.  I was told when I bought it that the parts were interchangeable with Iwaki pump parts.  Aquiatic Ecosystems doesn't list pump parts, but surely carry them.  I'll see how WC goes then decide what to do.  The impeller assembly is the most expensive part of the pump.  If it works well enough with my fix, I'll just make do with what I have.

LizStreithorst

Pump works fine ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm leaving all the parts I opened on the generator open over night so everything can evaporate.  I'll give it new gas in the morning and see if it will crank.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 25, 2016, 05:54:51 PM
Pump works fine ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm leaving all the parts I opened on the generator open over night so everything can evaporate.  I'll give it new gas in the morning and see if it will crank.

....glad that pump worked for ya.. |^|

...if ya get the chance, pull that plug too..just for grins....I'm sure it didn't get water, but curious if it eye balls clean ok... huh

...might check the air filter too, see if it, or the spongy piece is wet/damp..
Jon

LizStreithorst

I took the air filter out.  It was perfectly dry.  I wish I'd thought about pulling the plug when it was still light out.  I'll do it in the morning for sure.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 25, 2016, 06:04:39 PM
I took the air filter out.  It was perfectly dry.  I wish I'd thought about pulling the plug when it was still light out.  I'll do it in the morning for sure.

...the four basics....Gas Air Plug Oil....about all there is ... huh
Jon