• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 10:53:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 440
Total: 440

I bought me a power washer

Started by LizStreithorst, August 24, 2017, 07:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's just a little one but I don't need big,  and with Amazon prime delivery is free.  I bought an even smaller one when I moved back home but I didn't know that I couldn't leave it in an outbuilding in freezing weather.  I know better now.  A lesson learned the hard way is a lesson remembered.

I don't need a power washer often enough to rent one of those monsters they have at the hardware store.  But when I need one I want to have one.  I have three things I'll use it for right away, the first of which is the siding on my house.  I have two other projects in mind that want a pressure washer, but they will stay put in my mind until I get ready to tackle them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The coop doesn't need a power washer.  I cleaned it with a large dust pan and a rake.  There was a ton of shit in the shavings under where the chickens roost, but since the chickens spend from dawn to dusk outside foraging there was no odor.

After the house I want to power wash the Adirondack chair that Jack made for me from the treated lumber left over back when I first moved home and made one good board fence out of two board fences.  I didn't paint it because it looked like it was an antique, but I've decided that I need to blast it, let it dry well, and protect the wood some way..  I have a Mexican mortar and pestle that I can't remember the name for in Spanish that I think I could save a lot of time getting smooth with a power washer.  (I've read as much.  I'll find out.)

The other two projects are big and will stay in the back of my mind for now.
Always move forward. Never look back.