• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 12:05:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 773
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 773
Total: 773

Friday....

Started by Mugwump, January 10, 2014, 06:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...and the coffee's just great....weather, blah....foggy, misty, crappy, and rain coming in....just peachy...flood watches.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

At least it's not as cold. it almost feels like a heat wave.
Scott

Mugwump

It's freezing fog...not much ice, but fairly slick in spots....the rain will melt most of the snow, it's not going to be pretty getting around later....lots, and lots, of water sitting on the roads...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Yes it's going to be sloppy out there. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I just ran out for dog food and milk....other than picking up Jan later........that's it ;D
Jon

wsantia1

I was able to clean up a lot of snow that blew to cover the side walks.  Just wish they would hurry up & pick up the garbage.  They are already 1 day late. 
Willie

Mugwump

Our garbage pick up is late too....those super cold/windy days put them behind, with the plows being out and all...plus our dump is pretty rural...
Jon

wsantia1

With all of the Coyotes we have out here I hate all that trash being left out.  I'll put it back in the garage tonight.
Willie

Mugwump

'out here'....are you on the western edge??....Randall area...??
Jon

wsantia1

Yes I am.  I am west of Randall in the SW corner of Elgin near Bowes Rd. and Nesler. 
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 10, 2014, 01:57:36 PM
Yes I am.  I am west of Randall in the SW corner of Elgin near Bowes Rd. and Nesler.

I know where that is.....LOL...I used to up Burr rd into that area....weaving around a bit...LOL...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 10, 2014, 02:12:29 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 10, 2014, 01:57:36 PM

I know where that is.....LOL...I used to up Burr rd into that area....weaving around a bit...LOL...

This used to be a huge farm that was chopped up into sub divisions.  There are also a couple of forest preserves (Bowes Creek & Fitchey Creek) nearby.  Them coyotes are not shy either.  I ran into a couple while walking my dog last year.  I carry a wooden cane with me when I'm walking around dusk or dawn now. 
Willie

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...