• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 10:18:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 755
Total: 755

our absents

Started by P4Angels, October 29, 2014, 11:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

All,

It has been a very trying couple of weeks for us here.  First as many of you may not know I have been out of work for over a year due to a work related injury. Now I'm being told that I may need a knee replacement.  Stressed in that for a week or so...

Then this last weekend we Lost power while we we down visiting the grand daughter for the weekend. When we returned the circuit breaker popped when the power came back on and l we lost most of our fish to the cold... What a shitty way to end a weekend.  Liz I'm sorry not get back to you sooner, but we have been devastated and yes we Lost your fry also.

Needless to say Lori and i are so devastated that we have desided to close down our fish rom and are done for now with keeping any aquariums for now...

Thanks all for all your support and wisdom over the last couple of years here on Mugwumps.   we will still stop by from time to time to check in...
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

wsantia1

Wow Aron.  Very sorry to hear of your misfortune.  Wishing you and Lori the best!!!
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

That's terrible.....wow....and yes, pretty devastating for sure. I'm so sorry to hear this. I know that the knee issue is on your mind, but losing all those fish too......words escape me.... take a break for a while...if, and when, you're ready to begin anew...or even set up a tank to enjoy....let me know, I'll get ya some starters......until then, don't be strangers...keep popping in for a chat..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Aron I am so sorry to hear that. Wish you the best of luck.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Barb

Aron, I am so sorry to hear this.  I wish you and Lori kind thoughts and hope you will get back on your feet.  Thank you again for the beautiful wood fish, you have a real talent there, keep up with it if possible.  When you return to fish someday we will all be here to support.  Take care,
Barb

BallAquatics

Sorry to hear about the terrible bad luck and your health problems.  Like Jon says, keep in touch.  Will be sending good thoughts your way.

Dennis

PaulineMi

So sorry to hear that you two suffered one of a fish keeper's worst nightmares. Hopefully after your recovery from your knee surgery you will be thinking about returning to the hobby.  You have talent that you've been willing to share....there are folks who appreciate and benefit from it.  My best to you both.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on October 30, 2014, 01:51:10 PM
So sorry to hear that you two suffered one of a fish keeper's worst nightmares. Hopefully after your recovery from your knee surgery you will be thinking about returning to the hobby.  You have talent that you've been willing to share....there are folks who appreciate and benefit from it.  My best to you both.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)...so true, well said Pauline....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 30, 2014, 01:53:21 PM
Quote from: PaulineMi on October 30, 2014, 01:51:10 PM

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)...so true, well said Pauline....

+1 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

GraphicGr8s

Sorry to hear you're shutting down. Hopefully you still post here with sage advice for all of us.
Just don't do anything rash and start selling off equipment. It's a lot more expensive to start over than to clean up what you already have.

I'd really love to say you've fallen off the horse and you need to get back on. But I won't.  :)  :)
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

EdKaz

Sorry to hear about your "luck".

If you change your mind about shutting everything down, let me know....I have a "few" spare fish here, and even a pair or two to help ya out with.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: EdKaz on October 30, 2014, 05:37:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your "luck".

If you change your mind about shutting everything down, let me know....I have a "few" spare fish here, and even a pair or two to help ya out with.

I'm so sorry, Aron.  Also sorry for the snotty PM.  I had no idea...I'd be happy to help get you started back again as well.  Just let me know when you're ready.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I'm so sorry to hear this news. That's a hard blow to take. I would be more than happy to help out too if you decide to get back into fish.
Scott

Mugwump

Ya know what??....you need to grab a case of ripple, and start drinking it, while you start planning your new fish room.....with a power back up, of course.... ;D

..just consider it a bump in the road to excellence... :D....oh...and get that damn knee fixed...issue done and over with.... 8)
Jon

wiggs

Aron & lori, Sorry about your fish. Don`t get rid of anything just yet! Wait for about 2 months, when you are getting better with your knee and then look at it again. Sometimes things just pile up and seem to much at the time, then, when everything gets back to semi-normal you go Gee, I wish I didn`t get rid of all my stuff.  I know, Jon & I have started over, more then a couple of times, with things. Best of luck with everything. :)
Jan