• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 06:23:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 47
Total: 48

Good Monday Morning

Started by wsantia1, February 21, 2022, 09:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. The day is starting off cold but the temps will get up into the mid 60s by Wednesday. From there we will be on the weather roller coaster until spring finally sets in.

It was a busy but good weekend and it must have worn me out because I slept almost 8 hours with minimal interruptions. News flash: I never sleep over 7 hours.

Today is spend the day in the fishroom day. I have lots to do including water changes but I also have some decisions to make. I need to consolidate a couple of tanks, not to reduce the number that I'm running but to set up a tank or two for some Albino Red Cobra Guppies that I picked up from the BAND app.

They won't come until next week so I will have time to set something up nice for them. I bought 2 trios.

I have 2 Koi Angels in separate 29G tanks that I am planning to move into a 55G. They are a male and a female but not a pair. I will put a partition in between them until they get used to each other and hopefully they like each other enough to breed.

The two 29s will be a perfect home for the guppies. 

Wishing you all a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Looks like you're doing some fishy things today, Willie...! I hope all turns out well for you...

After our board/council meeting yesterday, I went to Don Mertes's (he's the one that got the rams from you, Liz) and picked up his group of 5 discus he offered me...I acclimated them through the rest of the evening and released them into the tank I've been preparing for them...I love how graceful they move about...I will be stepping up my water change program!...currently it is not my intention to breed them...I'll try to post a pic...

So our game room now has 2 75s, one with rainbows, and one with discus...both are new fishes for me...

It's 60F right now and going to 65 today...next few days will be cold, for us, in the 50s and 60s...and snow in the mountains and rain in the lowlands...

Lucy has a card making class today and Wednesday...I'll be fish room putzing, maybe go up to the hot tub which I haven't done for over a year!...

Our club council meeting was a 2 hour event yesterday...we accomplished a lot and we all got on the same page with our club's schedule and goals for the year...there is follow up work most of us have to do and I must remember to follow up with each of them...

I can tell I've been super busy these last couple weeks...when I go to bed and start reading I can't get past a few pages before I start nodding off ;D ;D ;D...I really enjoy reading before sleeping though...

Time to go check on all the new fish...you guys have a good day! |^| |^| |^|

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi friends, 2 tough days for me, yesterday with my mom and today with a medical procedure for me.  But I am OK, just not at all chatty right now.  Will be back tomorrow.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon my Muggy friends.  Sorry you've had a rough couple of days, Barb.  I finally got done with all my necessary stuff and have time to check in.

It started out sunny and warm this morning.  Clouds came in and we had a breif strong shower.  Now it's overcast but in the 70's.  I love the 70's 

Charlotte was all better this morning.  ;D ;D ;D  I drove down the dirt road to the place in the pasture she hangs out in the morning.  I had my jar of DMSO but she didn't need it.  I think she maybe stepped in a hole and twisted her ankle.  No farm call from Lowell.  As much as I love him I don't get my vet care for free.  He goes easy on me, I know but still he costs money.

My hips are telling me that I've done too much walking.  I just called the neurosurgeon to find out what I need to do to go ahead and have the surgery.  They scheduled an appointment for me for another consultation about the surgery and when they will be doing it.  I'll be going in March 21 at 1 pm.  Now that I've made the decision to have it done I want to get the show on the road.
Always move forward. Never look back.