• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 10:42:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 40
Total: 40

Rainy Sunday Morning

Started by wsantia1, August 16, 2020, 06:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I woke up with a lot of plans for the outdoors then I looked out of the window and saw that it was raining. Not the usual T-Storm rain where it dumps a bunch of water and then moves out but that slow steady rain that hangs around all day.

Oh well now I need to come up with a plan B. huh It is the last day of having company and the leave in the morning.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, and others later on.  You can send your excess rain south to me.  It is so hot here, any rain is dried up fast.  Feels like about 95 out there with the high humidity, just went out to eat lunch by my pond.  But came right back inside to AC instead.

I rode my new bike for the first time today.  She is named Delilah, my daughter named her, she is dark pink/purple.  I need to strengthen my leg muscles on her.  Will try to ride daily.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon everyone.  I decided to take the day off today.  Not that my body hurt, but because I though that if I didn't take it easy I would hurt something.  Last night when I was reading the rotation on my right shoulder locked up.  It was back to being fine when I woke up.

I walked out to the garden and found that the big bad wind we had the other night broke my huge 6+' marijuana plant off about a foot from the ground.  I brought the branches inside that had completely torn off, then propped up the parts of the plant that had broken but were still attached.  I've seen pot plants survive with partly broken off branches.

This is really a shame because the plant was just starting to bud out.  It's a good thing that this is a day of rest because I'm spending most of the day picking tiny buds off the broken branches and sticking them in the oven to dry. w!w
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...you know how it is when you have company come?...You're eager to see them and catch up what's going on....then you're eager to see them go!...Does that sum it up, Willie?  ;)

...Barb, I don't envy you for one minute with the muggy heat you get...however, I might have stayed at the pond a little longer than you!... :D

...And Liz, how small of the buds can you use?...any size?...

...I got my medical card yesterday and went straight to a dispensary...what a lot of choices and I don't know squat about them... huh I'll learn what I need to know...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Any size works but the young buds that have pistils are still clear give a different high than the fully ripe buds where the pistils are mostly brown.  My buds are 3 or 4 weeks old.  They won't be considered ready for harvest for another month.

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 16, 2020, 10:20:31 PM
...you know how it is when you have company come?...You're eager to see them and catch up what's going on....then you're eager to see them go!...Does that sum it up, Willie?  ;)

...Barb, I don't envy you for one minute with the muggy heat you get...however, I might have stayed at the pond a little longer than you!... :D

...And Liz, how small of the buds can you use?...any size?...

...I got my medical card yesterday and went straight to a dispensary...what a lot of choices and I don't know squat about them... huh I'll learn what I need to know...

You are absolutely right about that Ron. They are staying another day though because we go rained out yesterday and what we were supposed to do. huh
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 16, 2020, 03:40:12 PM
Good afternoon everyone.  I decided to take the day off today.  Not that my body hurt, but because I though that if I didn't take it easy I would hurt something.  Last night when I was reading the rotation on my right shoulder locked up.  It was back to being fine when I woke up.

I walked out to the garden and found that the big bad wind we had the other night broke my huge 6+' marijuana plant off about a foot from the ground.  I brought the branches inside that had completely torn off, then propped up the parts of the plant that had broken but were still attached.  I've seen pot plants survive with partly broken off branches.

This is really a shame because the plant was just starting to bud out.  It's a good thing that this is a day of rest because I'm spending most of the day picking tiny buds off the broken branches and sticking them in the oven to dry. w!w

Sorry to hear about your plant Liz. I hope you have more growing. I grew two females indoors last year and harvested about a weak or two early and weakened my crop. I may try again this year since I am running out of what I kept.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I do have another plant growing, Willie.  I'm quite sure that I'll have a lot more than I will need this year.