• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 09:25:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36

Hump Day

Started by Barb, April 29, 2020, 06:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi all!  I have another busy day coming up, 2 Dr. trips (done very carefully) and anything else I have time for.  It is warmish and sunny now, so far so good.  Hope you all have a good day.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Morning Barb and other members of my fishy internet family.  It's rainy here.  They said it might get bad and we did have strong winds a couple of times during the night but just a steady drizzle so far this morning.

I'm rather glad of the rain.  It take the pressure of having to break my back with garden work.  It'll still be waiting for me tomorrow.  I'll may go out and spread some fire ant killer on the mounds everywhere.  The rest of the day I'll piddle in the fish room.  I'm tired of watching my pearl gourami pair keep doing nothing.  I think put them back into the planted 100 gallon and move a Bosamani Rainbow fish pair into that tank.  I see them doing the dance most every morning.  If I feel like accomplish something productive I'll get to cleaning the fish room.  Now, that will be a real job!
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful day here with temps in the low 60s and plenty of sunshine. It's supposed to stay that way all day. My back is still a little tight so it will be another take it easy day for me.

I've got to get another transfer pump for my water changes because the the pump I am currently using is not very good at removing debris from the bottom of the tank. I'll make a trip to Harbor Freight in the next day or two. They have some on sale.

My coffee was great but I need to put coffee on my shopping list because I am getting really low on the supply.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Liz, the famous aquarium plant grower, Diana Walstad, used to be a member of my aquarium club long ago.  She had a fabulous tank with live plants, of course, and a lot of rainbows.  She always told us that they spawned in her tank when the morning sunlight hit the tank. I saw the same thing with mine too.  Can you put yours where they get morning sun and some live plants to scatter eggs into?
Barb

LizStreithorst

I got my fire out killer sprinkled over the mounds when the rain stopped for a bit.  Moved the Gourami's  back, changed the water in that tank, moved some plants in there and put the Bosamani pair in.  Everyone seems happy.  Then I culled the black and gold rams.  They'll be ready for the LPS soon.  I also noticed the black male fanning another clutch of eggs.  Cool.  I moved the mama Discus with her kids from the 40 they were in to a 29.  There were too few kids left for the 40 after a sent some overboard when I flooded their tank.  There are a few culls in there I need to remove later.

Then I had the bright idea of doing a clean-up the fish room.  That involved cleaning out the closet in the office I use to store fish shipping stuff.  OMG, I didn't know that I had opened up such a huge can of worms.  This will involve work for a couple of days.  Oh well.  I'll appreciate it when I'm all done.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Barb on April 29, 2020, 11:24:31 AM
Liz, the famous aquarium plant grower, Diana Walstad, used to be a member of my aquarium club long ago.  She had a fabulous tank with live plants, of course, and a lot of rainbows.  She always told us that they spawned in her tank when the morning sunlight hit the tank. I saw the same thing with mine too.  Can you put yours where they get morning sun and some live plants to scatter eggs into?
Barb

Barb, they spawn in the 125 in the morning even though no morning sun comes through that window.  I watch them in the act all the time.  Of course the hungry multitudes feast on the eggs.  I'm thinking it's more a "lights on" thing than only a sun thing.

Ron Sower

...hi gang!...well...we have 82 ATM and supposed to go to 102 as the day moves on...humidity is hanging at 10%...so we're in for another nice day...Lucy's still on the carport with her coffee and iPad!...I'm surprised that she hasn't come in with the 82 temp!.. :D

...still working on getting an issue resolved with the county on the title to the park model we're selling...I'm currently on hold as I was much of yesterday...they'e saying the Covid-18 is the reason for not enough people to handle the phones...

...I sold some plants on Quick Auction yesterday and went to PO to get a box and there were none!... >:(...I'll go again today...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

....FINALLY...!...I got thru to MVD...got all the things together now and uploaded that they need and am waiting on her callback to complete this process...

...meanwhile I'm sitting on my bum surfing the net etc...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

That's great.  I just can't deal with red tape.  Makes my head spin.

Ron Sower

...it just takes patience!...sometimes i have enough!... 8) 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I think it just might take a tiny bit of skill.  Don't you agree?