• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 07:00:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 571
Total: 571

Good Morning Monday

Started by wsantia1, April 27, 2020, 06:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hope everybody is well. I had a good night's sleep and woke up a little tight but pain free. Another take it easy day for me.

It is currently 43 degrees and cloudy here in the "First State". It will remain cloudy all day with temps getting up to 55F accompanied by 20 mph winds. If the sun comes out we may see some showers this afternoon.

While taking it easy I will probably move some of my Plat fry into a 55 grow out for their next stage of development. Since I've done some extensive culling on these there are only about 50 to move. I'll do the move a few fish at a time to see how it goes.

Liz these Plats are from your line and I managed to isolate 6 Abinos from the spawn though there were many more. I am attempting to grow those out separately from the rest of the spawn.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Babers

Goodluck in those Albinos Willie!
Joel

LizStreithorst

Morning everyone.  Another beautiful day here.  A little nippy right now but warming up later and a cloudless blue sky.

Willie, did you introduce the Albino gene or had it been hiding in my line all these generations until now?  Best of luck with them!

Another cleaning day today.  I'm waiting for my old lady Tink to get up and about so I can close the bedroom door to keep the room clean.  As soon as I finish my coffee, feed the fish and get moving I'll start on the kitchen.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Hi folks!...

...another warm day coming my way...It's in the 80s now and going to 99...actually I know it will go higher...this weather app is always low...set a record yesterday in Phoenix of 103...precious way 102...humidity is 10 an under now...

...got some business to take care of in the old neighborhood today...be there at 11 and back here by 3 or 4 I hope ...

...Willie, just take it easy...all's good!...Are the albinos like other albino angels only with the pearl scales?....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi, here I am.  Just housework and Dr. calls so far this morning.  Maybe some yardwork soon, the sun is out but cool at 59.  Tomorrow I take my mom to her eye Dr. appt. for injections, and in the afternoon take Bill to his heart Dr.  Hope they can help him.  But I am well, thank goodness.
Barb

wsantia1

Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 27, 2020, 08:07:33 AM
Morning everyone.  Another beautiful day here.  A little nippy right now but warming up later and a cloudless blue sky.

Willie, did you introduce the Albino gene or had it been hiding in my line all these generations until now? Best of luck with them!

Another cleaning day today.  I'm waiting for my old lady Tink to get up and about so I can close the bedroom door to keep the room clean.  As soon as I finish my coffee, feed the fish and get moving I'll start on the kitchen.

Liz the parents are offspring of some of the Angels I got from you about 2 years ago. There are in your lines but your parent raisers probably get rid of them early on. I pulled this spawn and separated some odd looking ones early. They turned out to albino and since both parents are P/S they will be Albino Pearlscale.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 27, 2020, 10:32:21 AM
...Hi folks!...

...another warm day coming my way...It's in the 80s now and going to 99...actually I know it will go higher...this weather app is always low...set a record yesterday in Phoenix of 103...precious way 102...humidity is 10 an under now...

...got some business to take care of in the old neighborhood today...be there at 11 and back here by 3 or 4 I hope ...

...Willie, just take it easy...all's good!...Are the albinos like other albino angels only with the pearl scales?....

Yes. These will be P/S. I know how to spot them now so I will be ready for them the next spawn.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Well, holy moly.  The gene was in there and I never knew.  You are obviously better at raising Angels than I ever was.

I'm done with cleaning for today.  Don't know if I'll do more tomorrow or not.  It's such an endless job with 5 dogs in and out bringing in their dusty toys on their sandy feet.  After a while, it gets tiresome.  The I'm very pleased with the kitchen although it's not as great as the bedroom and bathroom.  The rest of the house is at least respectable again.  I'm going out for beer and nicotine, and if I have enough money left I'll head to the dollar store for several more small throw rugs. 

Good news today.  I have not yet stimulated but the IRS website says that they will mail me a check on May first.  At least I know that I'm in line and that I don't have to go looking for documents that I don't know if I'll be able to find or not.  I'm terrible at red tape involving numbers.

Barb

That IS good news Liz.  Got plans for some of it?
Barb

LizStreithorst

I'm afraid it will all go to the dentist so that I can eat and not look hideous.  It seem like such a waste when I would love to spend on it on things I would love to have.  New prescription eye glassed, a meat smoker, and other small but really necessary things I can't afford but can manage to do without.  What are you going to do with yours.  I sure hope you don't have to throw it all at your teeth.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 27, 2020, 02:40:52 PM
Well, holy moly.  The gene was in there and I never knew. You are obviously better at raising Angels than I ever was.

I'm done with cleaning for today.  Don't know if I'll do more tomorrow or not.  It's such an endless job with 5 dogs in and out bringing in their dusty toys on their sandy feet.  After a while, it gets tiresome.  The I'm very pleased with the kitchen although it's not as great as the bedroom and bathroom.  The rest of the house is at least respectable again.  I'm going out for beer and nicotine, and if I have enough money left I'll head to the dollar store for several more small throw rugs. 

Good news today.  I have not yet stimulated but the IRS website says that they will mail me a check on May first.  At least I know that I'm in line and that I don't have to go looking for documents that I don't know if I'll be able to find or not.  I'm terrible at red tape involving numbers.

I wouldn't put my money on that.  :)
Willie