• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 10:12:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 602
Total: 602

Tuesday Greetings

Started by wsantia1, April 21, 2020, 06:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I hope everything is good in your world. The coffee was great here and I enjoyed it very much even though I woke up with a headache. A neighbor of mine had a birthday yesterday and we had a few drinks on my porch (I guess too many) while practicing social distancing.  Right now I am feeling great.

It is currently 53 degrees under sunny skies and the temps will get up to 67 by this afternoon. Thunderstorms are then expected to move in this afternoon/evening and we may have some flash flooding from the ground being so saturated. I sure hope the storms miss us but we've haven't missed a spring storm yet.

I was planning to go to the Sam's Club during seniors hours this morning (7-9 am) but I am already behind schedule so it is doubtful that I would be able to get there before they end. Looking for paper towels and tooth paste but I have enough to get by for now. We'll shot for it again on Thursday.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning, Willie.  It's a beautiful clear day here.  It'll hit 80 this afternoon.  I have a dog at 10.  After that I have a bunch of things to choose from but I'll probably finish up my gardening work.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 21, 2020, 07:17:59 AM
Morning, Willie.  It's a beautiful clear day here.  It'll hit 80 this afternoon.  I have a dog at 10.  After that I have a bunch of things to choose from but I'll probably finish up my gardening work.

Be careful with that back.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Morning Willie and Liz, and good afternoon to Ron who will be here later.  Sunny, cool and windy here. we need to dry out from all the rain lately.  Had to go out awhile ago, meds for Bill and some food for us and my mom.  I was one of the few shopping, which is just what I like.  I may do social distancing in stores forever.  And I like wearing a mask for some reason,  I made several of my own, floral fabric.  Don't do like I did with my first one, I put a thin layer of plastic bag in the middle.  WRONG, I couldn't breathe and my glasses stayed fogged up all the time.  ??? Threw it away.   Have a good day all!
Barb

Ron Sower

Good morning all!....Hey...I made it by the skin of my teeth...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...NOW...i can take a couple minutes and wish you a good afternoon...be sure to check the times on my posts today...!

...Willie, looks like you have the challenging weather today...we're looking at 80 today with sunshine...I believe the summer is about to get here because on thursday next week we'll be hitting 100...

...the cichlid tank is looking good...I put my two recently acquired gold severums in it Monday and they seem to be doing fine so far...

...recently the president of the Seattle club had sent an email out on the Seattle club's email list, on which I still participate since I maintain my membership, and he was asking if anyone wanted some Anubias coffeefolia...I replied that I would love have them if he wouldn't mind mailing them to me...the arrived yesterday afternoon in beautiful condition...We're setting up a 24 gallon aquarium in the game room so they will go in that one...

...Going to replace some light switches today...then make a hardscape for the 24g with dragonstone...and do a few other things around here...

...Hope all of you are having a nice day...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I am ashamed.  I did my dog and have done absolutely nothing since.  But I don't care.  I'm old and hurt all the time and retired officially, so if I want to sit on my arse all day what's the harm?  It's good to do stuff for the sense if satisfaction of a job well (enough) done, but all things considered what's the shame in sitting around watching little chickens and fishies, and the garden grow?  I'll do my daily WC on the fish room tanks at 4 but until then I'm doing nothing.

Ron Sower

[quote =LizStreithorst link=topic=16761.msg119520#msg119520 date=1587497697]
I am ashamed.  I did my  and have done absolutely nothing since.  But I don't care.  I'm old and hurt all the time and retired officially, so if I want to sit on my arse all day what's the harm?  It's good to do stuff for the sense if satisfaction of a job well (enough) done, but all things considered what's the shame in sitting around watching little chickens and fishies, and the garden grow?  I'll do my daily WC on the  room tanks at 4 but until then I'm doing nothing.
[/quote]

...good for you!...I've been having fun cleaning up some dragonstone and building some hardscapes so far...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I would love to be able to do more.  I adored physical labor.  But times have changed and all I can do if all I can do is do for myself I can still do that.  I can grow my own veggies and slaughter my own chickens for meat if needs be. I know I can because I've already done it back when I did it either for fun or because it was a good thing to know.  Life changes when your body starts falling apart huh