• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 06:41:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 596
Total: 596

Hello Friday

Started by wsantia1, April 17, 2020, 06:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It's Friday and I'm up and at em. The coffee was great and for the moment I am pain free so all is good for me.

The weather is a different story. When I woke up at 5:00 am it was a chilly 25 degrees. I said WTH it's supposed to be the middle of spring and this weather has been colder than what we had all winter. Anyway it is currently 42 degrees and will be getting up to 56 degrees under partly cloudy skies. The winds will be blowing in at a decent 5 to 10 mph so we may have a decent day.

Busy day on tap with water changes badly needed along with grocery shopping and a couple of loads of laundry. I badly need to clean up this house but I better not overdo it otherwise I'll be back where I was last week.

One last note, for the last two weeks I've been sitting on a straight back, relatively hard dining room chair due to my back. It basically prevents me from not sitting straight but I have to say it is also uncomfortable after a while. It does help my back but maybe that's because it keeps me from sitting on my ass to long.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

morning Willie.  I'm up about, morning chores all done.  Moved the sprinkler from the veggie garden to the flower garden.  I have a dog coming at 9.  I'm surprised that I am getting any dogs at all at this time.

By back hurt all night from the digging and bending I did yesterday.  I'm all drugged up now so feeling better.  I have to go to the pharmacy later for pain drugs but I'll go there and come right back home.  If the back still feels OK I'll do some more transplanting.  I'm out of mulch so I may take Charlotte the truck to the nursery for a load of shavings.  If I able to do all that I'm sure that I'll be ready for a couple days of ass sitting.  Thank got there are things going on in the fish room to interest me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...good morning here, and afternoon there, you guys!...

...74 now and going to 84....with few clouds...next thursday it's supposed to get into the 90s for several days...that's late for this time of year...

...Picked up that small Yoyo loach yesterday...quarantining it in a bucket for a few days...he's cute!...traded the gal some plants for it...she's happy and a beginner in the hobby...i love to give newbies stuff to help them get started...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Willie, Liz and Ron! It was freezing here last night, I saw frost on roofs this morning ???
My new elephant ear bulbs have frozen young leaves now, all brown and crispy.  And other plant damages.  It is 72 now, but will get cold again tonight.  Strange weather.  Grocery shopping early this morning, I even found some paper products and got a big bottle of hand sanitizer.  One horrible woman took every bottle, about 12 of them.  I told her one per person, as the sign said, she ignored me. I told them up front and they kept a watch for her.  Some people are way beyond greedy.   Going to the yard now.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Thanks for point her out to them, Barb.  They won't let her buy all of those.  Too bad they can't give her a good spanking.  She deserves it.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 17, 2020, 01:54:22 PM
Thanks for point her out to them, Barb.  They won't let her buy all of those.  Too bad they can't give her a good spanking.  She deserves it.

Yes good for pointing her out Barb. They shouldn't  let her buy any but then she wouldn't be sanitized so give her one and a good lecture.   
Willie

wsantia1

I got all of my water changes done but sadly I had a few losses from unintentional neglect. Since I feel better I will stay on top of it now. huh

Didn't lose any of my Altums though. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

LizStreithorst

Sorry Willie.  That's why I do WC daily.  I don't necessairly do all my tanks but I do the Discus and Rams every day.  As the tanks are draining and filling it gives me time watch how all the fish in my other tanks are doing.

I'm afraid I was a bum today.  I did get the compost pile turned but other than a grooming job, animal stuff and the pharmacy that's it.  My body just said no.  Tomorrow will be better.  Hope it doesn't rain all day.  Rain wasn't supposed to come in until Sunday but weather has a mind of it's own.

Ron Sower

...we're glad you're feeling better Willie...I think Barb is the only one here who doesn't hurt all the time!!!...

...got the sand rinsed and in the cichlid tank....hardscape in pLace... half the water is in...most of the vals are planted...got a few anubias to go yet...need to get extra length hose for the fx4 so I can slide it out and in to service it...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 17, 2020, 10:28:22 PM
...we're glad you're feeling better Willie...I think Barb is the only one here who doesn't hurt all the time!!!...

...got the sand rinsed and in the cichlid tank....hardscape in pLace... half the water is in...most of the vals are planted...got a few anubias to go yet...need to get extra length hose for the fx4 so I can slide it out and in to service it...

Thanks Ron.
Willie