• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 08:33:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 47
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 39
Total: 40

Busy Wednesday

Started by BallAquatics, March 15, 2017, 05:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Time to jump in the shower and then it's off to the races.  Lots to do today.  Early appointment and then another around lunch time.  Frank got the Okay to start pulling weight on the broken ankle, so it's a trip to the pharmacy for some drugs for him.  Since he'll be out-and-about, it's also time to get 2017 tags for his car.

Coffee is very tasty this morning....  just starting on cup #1 from pot #2.   |^|  Have a great day folks!!!

Dennis

Mugwump

Morn'n Dennis....etal......coffee is vert good....just getting started and on my first big cup...only 15deg's at the moment, headed for the low 30's...but sunny...

..few errands today for us....need to restock the pantry a bit....and get the crew some more dog/cat food too....our car plates are both due for renewal in April.....plate $$$'s aren't bad here, but I'm sure they'll be raising them again here soon  huh....everything else is going up... huh

..just putz'n after that... huh

now, of course, more coffee.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is great this morning. Yesterday turned out to be a little rougher that expected with that wet snow turning into several inches of slush. It made it really difficult to even get the dog out.

The good thing is that this year I didn't have to lift the shovel. After last years fiasco the new cleanup crew was great.

Today it's going to be sunny but very cold. Don't know if it's going to get warm enough for any melting but at least the roads and community walkways are free of snow & ice.

Water changes are due yesterday. I've been trying to wait out the water company because in the past the water quality (high nitrates) would fluctuate but it doesn't appear like that going to happen this time. huh

Even tough there will be a different water provider for the new house, I will need to add an RO unit to be on the safe side. I need to protect the fish.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..is Delaware water like that in general ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 15, 2017, 07:22:52 AM

I've been here three years and the water has always been great. This issue is new and the folks at the water company were not able to answer my questions intelligently.

This is not a statewide issue. I think the locality just switched to a different source
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 15, 2017, 08:15:18 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 15, 2017, 07:22:52 AM

I've been here three years and the water has always been great. This issue is new and the folks at the water company were not able to answer my questions intelligently.

This is not a statewide issue. I think the locality just switched to a different source

..ah ok.....well if the water at your new place is as least stable, you'll be able to adjust accordingly just fine.... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

...Good morning from the west, all y'all...

...can't tell you about the coffee yet...Lucy's getting it going now...but it'll be good. I know....found a new K-cup of decaf I like okay...

...going to pick up some meds later on today...not much planned...I have some Panda Cories waiting on me in Tucson...maybe I'll go pick them up...

...all for now...have a good day all y'all.... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...errands done!!...... |^|food in the house |^| again.....LOL

beautiful day....sunny.....but cold |brr|
Jon

Ron Sower

...MRI done...Rx picked up...couple grocery items picked up...a visit to the pool with a good rum toddy...fixed French dips with leftover Prime Rib from last night...put together a yard chotsky thingy (no, not a flamingo - it's a parrot extolling "It's 5 O'clock Somewhere")...then put together the spit for doing a whole chicken on the grill tomorrow...

...life is good as we veg in front of the TV now...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

And here I was thinking my day was busy Ron.  LOL  You wear me out just reading about all you get into.   |^|

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 16, 2017, 05:22:50 AM
And here I was thinking my day was busy Ron.  LOL  You wear me out just reading about all you get into.   |^|

Dennis
Hahaha...I never could just sit still...always had some kind of little project going on...maybe one day...I have slowed down a bit, though...!!!! 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 16, 2017, 11:16:49 AM
Hahaha...I never could just sit still...always had some kind of little project going on...maybe one day...I have slowed down a bit, though...!!!! 8) 8)

I used to be the same way Ron.  Always had 10 things going and another 10 I wanted to get going.  These last few years have really taken it out of me.

Just need to get my second wind!!!   |^|

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 16, 2017, 04:46:31 PM

I used to be the same way Ron.  Always had 10 things going and another 10 I wanted to get going.  These last few years have really taken it out of me.

Dennis

+1.... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 16, 2017, 06:41:39 PM

Dennis

+1.... |^|

+2
Willie

Ron Sower

...Just need to get my second wind!!!   |^|

Dennis

Or maybe just let things go...in psychology therapy one time the doc told me I was wound too tight and he was afraid I was going to have a heart attack in his office...that was when I was 33...I've been trying to wind down since then, but it ain't easy, boy!..that was almost 37 years ago.... wfwf
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron