• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 09:19:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 611
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 601
Total: 601

Sat. wake up coffee...

Started by Mugwump, January 02, 2016, 05:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..coffee's very good... ;D tough waking up this morn'n....even Manny walking on my head didn't phase me much....'demon'...

It's a chilly 18deg's now, with high expected to be in the mid 20's....brrrr....not much going on here, a couple quick errands and the room putz'n....a few fry water changes, and rearranging, cleaning.......might try to chip some of the 'iceburg' off the bottom of the driveway ?....the plows threw a bunch of slush from the last event up on there and it froze before we could get it off.....I imagine most of it will be there til spring??....sheesh....hate that..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Finishing off yesterday left-over coffee.  Currently 25?F, but forecast calling for mid 40's with rain by later in the week.  We don't have much of a winter around here anymore.....  not that I'm complaining mind you.  LOL

Dennis

wsantia1

Coffee is really good this morning. It is about 28 degrees this morning and going up to 40 with high winds so it will feel colder. Now to get a second cup.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...pot #2 started here...........sslllooowwwlllyyyy waking up.... 8)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Wonderful cup this morning.  I'll be off to Lowes later to buy a ballast for my overhead kitchen light.  Then just laundry, housework, and fish. Later in the afternoon I'll take a bucket of feed to my neighbor's and try to talk my runaway horse into coming home. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

....well not much done yet..........but the coffee's good  |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm back from Lowes and the dread Walmart.  I needed an appointment book and a couple other office supplies from Walmart.  I power shopped and was in and out in no time.  Now to replace the damn ballast.  I can do it but it's a pain working on something over my head.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 02, 2016, 12:24:52 PM
I'm back from Lowes and the dread Walmart.  I needed an appointment book and a couple other office supplies from Walmart.  I power shopped and was in and out in no time.  Now to replace the damn ballast.  I can do it but it's a pain working on something over my head.

....easier with just a new lamp fixture??.... huh...that's what I did last time with ours....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Perhaps so, but the lamp would cost $100 and the ballast was only $20.

BUT!!!!  The ballast I bought had the wires I was used to, yellow, white and black coming out of one end and blue and red coming out the other.  The old one has red, blue, brown and grey coming out the other end.  What the hell is blue and grey.  It's over my head (literally and figuratively)  I thought I choose the right ballast.  It said all the right stuff on the box.  I even hunted up an employee to ask if I'd made the right choice and he said yes.

I'm pissed.  I'm tired of not being able to see well enough to cook.  I'll make do by taking a table lamp into the kitchen and using it until Tuesday when my local place will be open.  I'll take the old ballast to them and if they don't have the right ballast I'll buy a whole new lamp >:(

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 02, 2016, 01:07:49 PM
Perhaps so, but the lamp would cost $100 and the ballast was only $20.

BUT!!!!  The ballast I bought had the wires I was used to, yellow, white and black coming out of one end and blue and red coming out the other.  The old one has red, blue, brown and grey coming out the other end.  What the hell is blue and grey.  It's over my head (literally and figuratively)  I thought I choose the right ballast.  It said all the right stuff on the box.  I even hunted up an employee to ask if I'd made the right choice and he said yes.

I'm pissed.  I'm tired of not being able to see well enough to cook.  I'll make do by taking a table lamp into the kitchen and using it until Tuesday when my local place will be open.  I'll take the old ballast to them and if they don't have the right ballast I'll buy a whole new lamp >:(

what?...no diagram with it??
Jon

LizStreithorst

There's a picture of wires on the cover of the new one's box.  Nothing on the body of the old one.  Besides there are only two wires coming out the rear end of the new one and 3 wires coming out the rear end of the old one.  I am not smart about electrical stuff.  All I know is hot, neural, and ground and how to put wires of the same color together.  If what I bought could be made to work it would take someone smarter than me :(

Mugwump

...errands are done, shoes are off, a fresh pot of coffee now.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

..we good... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Making bacon and eggs.  Lots of bacon.  Eggs fried gently in butter.  French bread getting crisp in the oven.  It will be good.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 02, 2016, 05:00:58 PM
Making bacon and eggs.  Lots of bacon.  Eggs fried gently in butter.  French bread getting crisp in the oven.  It will be good.

yum... |^|
Jon