• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 02:08:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 635
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 623
Total: 624

Let it rain

Started by BallAquatics, December 27, 2015, 05:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I've went through around 1000 gallons of rain water since about 6:00am this morning.  Forecast is calling for another inch of rain tomorrow.  If I have the time, I'll do massive water changes again then.....  I hate to see it just go down the river.  LOL

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I'm impressed.  Massive WC for me is  anything over 500 gallons.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

I know what you mean.  Every time it pours here and I see thousands of gallons of good rain going down the gutter, well, what a waste.  I have never collected it, maybe I will get a rain barrel sometime.  It has been 80 degrees here the last few days, way too hot for me in Dec.  I bet we will pay next month and Feb.
Barb

BallAquatics

Thanks Liz.  I lucked out today.  It was 67?F here and the rain was warm enough that I only needed to warm it up slightly before using.  Normally this time of the year it's like ice water and all I can do is fill up my storage tanks.

Dennis

Mugwump

..big changes around here are about 800+ gallons....that's a little more than half the water everywhere...

We need a couple rain barrels too....maybe (3) ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I should make use of my rain water but I don't have my containers hard plumbed like Dennis.  Doing it is on my back burner.  I have 3 drilled 100 gallon containers that I could use. Getting the water to the pump inside which is lower than that containers is a problem that needs solving.  It's working on my back burner as is has been for years.  I have the money now.  I will have to hire it out because it will require dirt being brought in and concrete slabs made.  I hate wasting free resources but I have more important things in front of that project.  I am going to have to have my tank stands rebuilt.  It's not an emergency thing but it must be done.  It will cost me a bundle and will have to be done in the summer months.
Always move forward. Never look back.