• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 07:02:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 543
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 534
Total: 534

Better Saturday

Started by LizStreithorst, June 04, 2022, 12:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

After morning animal chores I took Jack's scooter that Judy gave me for a ride around our neighborhood.  I am going to get a lot of use out of that machine.  I love it.  All the dogs ran with me up to the windmill up by the main road and down Judy's road to her front door.  Judy and I had a nice visit.  She's a very strong lady.

On my way down the road I stopped and chowed down on some nice ripe blackberries along my neglected fence row that I'd never noticed when I drove.  I scooted over to my blueberry bushes by the house.  They're a nice dark blue but they don't fall from the stem when you touch them like the one at the peak of their sweetness.  I scooted out to the garden and picked a small green pepper, a medium size Poblano pepper, 3 small squash, and a nice ripe tomato.

I think that all I'll get around to doing today is a few loads of laundry.  It's a beautiful day.  It will be in the mid 80' and we have a nice gentle breeze.   

I hope everyone enjoys a good Saturday.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Liz and everyone. It is a very pleasant day here also.  It is sunny and the current temp is 84 degrees but the humidity is only 32% and that makes today's weather just gorgeous. I haven't done much but sit on the front porch and go down to the fishroom when I am not on the porch.

I decided I cannot let my self go crazy about the BBS for the RAMs. The new batch of BBS eggs won't get here until next week and by then I will probably be preparing a new setup for the next ram spawn.

Wishing you all a great day
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 04, 2022, 01:35:51 PM

I decided I cannot let my self go crazy about the BBS for the RAMs. The new batch of BBS eggs won't get here until next week and by then I will probably be preparing a new setup for the next ram spawn.

Good news: I was able to harvest a couple of feedings of BBS. I've been getting the harvest in 18-24 hours and this one took almost 40 hours. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

LizStreithorst

Dang, that's weird.  I can't figure it out.  I'd hate for you to loose these fry.  This is the farthest you've ever gotten with them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hello , nice day here, only into the 80's instead of 100.  And got some rain last night .  So I have made the most of it and gotten some good yard work done. As much as my leg will let me do.  I try to ignore it.  Liz that is great to hear you have Jack's scooter, I know he would want you to have it.  Now I don't need to bring you mine.  Willie good luck with the BBS since you have all those little mouths to feed!  How is the male gps angel doing with his new lady?

You all have a good evening and Sunday.  I am taking a boat ride at the beach tomorrow, even though the gas to get there will cost more than the ride!  Oh well  wfwf,
Barb

Ron Sower

Hi! ...thought I'd get on here before you all go to bed!... :D

It's been a lovely day...I worked on my outside tanks a bit...using plastic shoe boxes from Dollar Tree or Walmart for "pots", I fill them 3/4 full of substrate and put one species per "pot" in them...then I use masking tape and write the names on a piece and put them on the tank in front of the pots...sometimes the different varieties of swords and Rotala look so much alike and I can't be sure of which is which...!

We just got back from an hour at the pool...it was pretty empty today...

Pork chops mashers, apple sauce and peas for dinner after Lucy wakes up from her nap!... |eat| |eat| |eat|

The discus spawned again...they're getting so regular!...too bad I don't have any space to try to get a good spawn and raise them...maybe after we get a warehouse space for all the plant tanks I can concentrate on breeding some fish...

Looks like all of you had a good day!  Now have a good night!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Hi! ...thought I'd get on here before you all go to bed!... :D

It's been a lovely day...I worked on my outside tanks a bit...using plastic shoe boxes from Dollar Tree or Walmart for "pots", I fill them 3/4 full of substrate and put one species per "pot" in them...then I use masking tape and write the names on a piece and put them on the tank in front of the pots...sometimes the different varieties of swords and Rotala look so much alike and I can't be sure of which is which...!

We just got back from an hour at the pool...it was pretty empty today...

Pork chops mashers, apple sauce and peas for dinner after Lucy wakes up from her nap!... |eat| |eat| |eat|

The discus spawned again...they're getting so regular!...too bad I don't have any space to try to get a good spawn and raise them...maybe after we get a warehouse space for all the plant tanks I can concentrate on breeding some fish...

Looks like all of you had a good day!  Now have a good night!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Sounds like you had a good day too Ron. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron