• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 04:31:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 647
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 625
Total: 626

Next time it turns cold...

Started by LizStreithorst, January 18, 2015, 04:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I may make this:  http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/balsamic-braised-pot-roast  I bought this fabulous balsamic vinegar a while back and went gaga over the complexity of flavor it brought to meat loaf.  This recipe will take an entire half cup of the expensive stuff.  If it's not as good as is reads I'll be terribly disappointed.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 18, 2015, 04:28:01 PM
I may make this:  http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/balsamic-braised-pot-roast  I bought this fabulous balsamic vinegar a while back and went gaga over the complexity of flavor it brought to meat loaf.  This recipe will take an entire half cup of the expensive stuff.  If it's not as good as is reads I'll be terribly disappointed.

We'll wait til your palate decides...... ;D     but it does look good... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

My palate wants it now but it will have to wait because I don't have a chuck roast on hand.  Heck I'm behind on cooking.  I still haven't made that chicken dish with the wine, cheese and mushrooms.  I bought all the stuff, pounded the breasts to 1/8" then dedided to make something else so I froze for later.

LizStreithorst

This is in the oven.  I'll let you know if it lives up to my expectations.

PaulineMi

I bet that made your house smell heavenly.  And balsamic vinegar is very yummy.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Yes.  The flavors coming into my nose were indeed heavenly.  And the dish itself is superb.  Give yourselves a treat and make this.  Don't use cheap balsamic is my only advice.  I never cared for balsamic vinegar until I bought the expensive stuff.

PaulineMi

Yep....I splurge on balsamic vinegar.   :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson