• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 07:28:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 609
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 589
Total: 589

More babies!

Started by Mir, October 13, 2013, 03:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mir

Hey guys. Sorry for not checking in in a while. I've been busy. But just yesterday I did a water change and guess what I found! Sarge the pleco had some more babies he was guarding! It looked like they just hatched. They are just the cutest little things ever. <3

I found out that the little spot where they keep having them is just behind their driftwood and inside Charlie's castle. Sarge hasn't moved from there. I left them alone and so I don't have any pics of the new babies, but I do have some photos of "Pleccie Jr.", the sole baby left from the last time they bred. He is growing and hasn't been hiding any more. Now he's not afraid to just hang out around in the open with his parents. And he is quite the gorgeous little specimen too. :)

Here is Pleccie Jr. and mama Pistol eating. Charlie snuck in and was trying to eat the algae wafers too!

And here is a brief video of Pleccie Jr. moving around on the driftwood. Sorry for bad quality, lol.

I'll see if I can get any pics of the teeny tiny cuties once their daddy lets them out, lol.
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

Mugwump

Now that's really nice...congrat's!!!....how's school going?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mir

Thanks! :) It's going pretty good. How have you guys been doing?
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

Mugwump

Quote from: Mir on October 13, 2013, 04:27:18 PM

We're just chugging along.  ;D....drop in when you can, we miss your friendly banter.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mir

Quote from: Mugwump on October 13, 2013, 04:36:51 PM
Quote from: Mir on October 13, 2013, 04:27:18 PM

We're just chugging along.  ;D....drop in when you can, we miss your friendly banter.
Hehe. Will do! I missed you guys too. :)
<3 Miranda

ilroost

Nice Mir. Good luck with the new batch

Jdmcfast

Congrats glad to hear they are still doing good....and multiplying for you

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Josh

b125killer

That's cool. Good luck with the new babies.
Scott

Mir

<3 Miranda

Mir

Hey everybody! I have a few pics now. This morning I woke up and the tank was swarming with teeny tiny plecos! It looks like daddy let most of them out now. They are sooooo cute! And there are some albinos too! :)

One of the babies on the glass:

From the other side of the glass:

(sorry for out-of-focus pics, I only had my phone with me to take them)

"Pleccie Jr." and mama Pistol eating. New baby is between them, under the algae wafer:

One of the babies on the glass, with daddy Sarge's reflection in the background:

Clearer pic of a baby in front of Pleccie Jr.:

Sarge joining Jr. to eat. It's really hard to tell in this pic, but there is a baby hiding underneath him, snuggling against his pectoral fin:

And another blurry pic, but here is a baby on the front glass, with Charlie (the blur in the corner) swimming in the background for size comparison:
<3 Miranda

Mugwump

Aren't BN fry nice...well, all fry are nice, LOL...but the little BN fry are neat, and more individual acting, in lieu of the 'cloud' like angels.....these little dickens get everywhere...... ;D
Jon

Owl307

With patience and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Mir

Thanks! :) Yes, they are very fun. Now I wonder what I'm gonna do with all of them!
<3 Miranda

BallAquatics

Very cool Miranda!  Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Dennis

Mir

Thanks Dennis! :) I'll try and get some more pics soon.
<3 Miranda