• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 07:15:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 609
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 591
Total: 591

Super red albino?

Started by Jdmcfast, September 19, 2013, 09:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmcfast

So I have a group of super reds in with my sterbai cories. They have been doing their teasing rituals for weeks and nothing. There happens to be one male albino that has always been extremely orange that was in there with them too. I had a spawn today but it is in the cave with the albino! Does anyone have a clue what I will get from this mix?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Josh

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on September 19, 2013, 09:13:15 PM
So I have a group of super reds in with my sterbai cories. They have been doing their teasing rituals for weeks and nothing. There happens to be one male albino that has always been extremely orange that was in there with them too. I had a spawn today but it is in the cave with the albino! Does anyone have a clue what I will get from this mix?

You'll likely have to wait for the fry and see. Ideally all will be 'het' for super red genes. Some may partially express it tho??..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

Well I moved dad, cave, and eggs to their own condo 5 hours ago and ever since he has not been in the cave once! WTH! I've never had this happen before.

Josh

Mugwump

Reach in and pretend to move/adjust something, he should spook into the cave, then Turn the lights off.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

Quote from: Mugwump on September 20, 2013, 07:00:21 PM
Reach in and pretend to move/adjust something, he should spook into the cave, then Turn the lights off.....
I have tried that several times and he goes everywhere but in the cave! I put a really small fountain pump in there with current going in the cave for now hope that works out he figures out what he is supposed to do.....it is his first spawn

Josh

Mugwump

LOL...try a small net...that always makes want to hide..LOL
Jon

Jdmcfast

After trying everything I could think of I finally literally pushed him into the cave with a net lol hopefully he will stay there

Josh

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on September 21, 2013, 01:20:52 PM
After trying everything I could think of I finally literally pushed him into the cave with a net lol hopefully he will stay there

LOL..stubborn cuss  ;D
Jon

Jdmcfast

These are growing good. Still not sure what they are gonna turn out looking like sometimes they are really light and almost look like albino but with dark eyes then other times they are dark almost like regular browns. Anybody here spawned super reds before? I'm winding if this is typical.

Josh

Mugwump

From what I'm hearing, a lot of the 'reds' don't breed true...???....I'll ask around..
Jon

BallAquatics

Being a cross between a super red and an albino I would guess there are a multitude of possibilities.

Dennis