• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 04:40:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 662
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 555
Total: 555

Friday coffee===>

Started by Mugwump, November 04, 2016, 07:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....Late start this morning....coffee's good...very, very good....really good...Jan just took off to help her girlfriend with a project....me and da zoo are roughing it this morning....

It's about 39deg's headed for maybe 60 for the high  huh...a sunny and cool day here for us..very pleasant....I may mow/mulch the front leaves again this morning after the sun makes an appearance.....?

Sassy's grown some more, so I need to get a few pictures too.....what a 'Bozo'....LOL....but a sweetie..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Great coffee this morning. Been up for a while so I may have to do another pot. Very cool here with temps in the low 50s. The temp is not supposed to climb that much and the wind will pick up as the day moves along.

Putzing/house cleaning day. The for sale sign goes up on the 9th so I better get my butt in gear getting this house together.

Emptied a 55g yesterday so I am down to 18 running tanks. Two of them have a few guppies that are split up by sex and I can consolidate them if I needed to.  mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Past pot #2 here.... |^|....still trying to get the motor running on all 8......sput sput.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Good morning guys! Coffee's good this morning as usual;.

I missed ya.... been concentrating on the building project and resting when not working on it. Getting closer every day.

At the moment we're getting a toad strangler cloudburst! Took off yesterday and went to Casa Grande to Lowe's to buy materials for today's work. On the way back, we stayed just ahead of a storm front. I think it was a haboob and was fearsome looking in the distance. When it hit here there was torrential rain for a short time.

The room is framed in and we're wiring for electricity today. Next is connecting ductwork to it, and then call for inspections of that work. After that we'll hang dry wall and texture it for painting....then the flooring and we should be through! So most of my days are taken up with getting this room and deck finished (oh, the deck is finished!).We're not working full 8-hour days...just 5-7 hours a day. Even that is killing me!!!

My goal is to have some tanks set up by the time we get back there for Christmas, I hope to pick up some plants whjen we go back to Seattle for the Christmas Holidays. As we finish the room I'll be able to more clearly see where and how many tanks I might b be able to set up. I still may just go with one larger one to begin. It's getting closer!!!

It's cooling off here this time of year. Mornings around 6am it's in the low 60s, by noon and afternoon in the mid to upper 80s. We really enjoy sitting out on the deck and having coffee in the mornings before we start our day.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Hi Ron....It's nice to hear that you're progressing with the room.....deck is done??....how big?....pics?....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on November 04, 2016, 10:03:54 AM
Good morning guys! Coffee's good this morning as usual;.

I missed ya.... been concentrating on the building project and resting when not working on it. Getting closer every day.

At the moment we're getting a toad strangler cloudburst! Took off yesterday and went to Casa Grande to Lowe's to buy materials for today's work. On the way back, we stayed just ahead of a storm front. I think it was a haboob and was fearsome looking in the distance. When it hit here there was torrential rain for a short time.

The room is framed in and we're wiring for electricity today. Next is connecting ductwork to it, and then call for inspections of that work. After that we'll hang dry wall and texture it for painting....then the flooring and we should be through! So most of my days are taken up with getting this room and deck finished (oh, the deck is finished!).We're not working full 8-hour days...just 5-7 hours a day. Even that is killing me!!!

My goal is to have some tanks set up by the time we get back there for Christmas, I hope to pick up some plants whjen we go back to Seattle for the Christmas Holidays. As we finish the room I'll be able to more clearly see where and how many tanks I might b be able to set up. I still may just go with one larger one to begin. It's getting closer!!!

It's cooling off here this time of year. Mornings around 6am it's in the low 60s, by noon and afternoon in the mid to upper 80s. We really enjoy sitting out on the deck and having coffee in the mornings before we start our day.

Sound like you are making great progress Ron. Hopefully you will be having plenty of fish once again very soon. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I want to see pics!!!!  Construction is so much fun to see as it progresses.

They said that a low pressure front was going to come through Thursday and although there wasn't enough moisture in the atmosphere for it to make rain, it would get cooler.  It was 86 today.  It was hot in the shop.  I was sweating but it wasn't so bad I had to turn on the AC.  My house tends to stay cool, thank God.  The front is either late or got lost.

My favorite weather lady says that there will be another front coming in next week that might give us a decent rain.  I like this weather lady.  She somehow comes across as caring huh

Always move forward. Never look back.