• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 12:48:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 613
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 554
Total: 554

Just another Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, August 26, 2021, 02:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Thank goodness that my loony Scotty customer forgot her appointment.  Since she didn't come yesterday or today I was in great need of a little physical labor.  After all I'd been just mostly been sitting around doing nothing except for animal chores.  I really needed to do something!

I had one more Peamite load of shavings.  I turned my existing compost, added the new stuff to it and some manure dirt and cotten seed meal.  It wasn't that much of a big deal, but I do have 2 dogs coming tomorrow and I'd be hurting when I do them if I did more.

The little girl I like came and unloaded feed for me.  She investigated my old house that my husband bilt that Katrina destroyed as well as my old barn where I spent all of my free time.  It makes me uncomfortable to go to those places alone because all the memories of a happy life come back to me.  It was OK with her there though.

A guy called who is interested in buying my old truck.  He's seen it at BJ's shop.  BJ has been trying to find me buyers for it since I can't afford to have it fixed.  He wants to come this afternoon to look at the wrecked truck that contains the wiring harness to fix the old truck and what should be a good transmission as well as a good low mileage engine.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz, is the guy looking to buy Charlotte or the other truck you bought for parts? Unclear by what you wrote.  With all the good stuff in your garden soil you will be able to grow some amazing things in there next summer!  Huge tomatoes for sure.  I will check it all out next Spring.   Still hot here, I can't work outside for long until it cools down some.  Took a ferry ride earlier today, I love being on water.  If I had a huge pond I may have a little rowboat I could take out into it.  I know how to row.  Hope Willie and Ron are both well today.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Charlotte is the one he wants but it will take both trucks to get her back running again.

Ron Sower

Hi folks...missed you yesterday...

Things here are ok...temp going to 106 today...

Well, I guess I'm setting up a business....actually reactivating an LLC that we haven't been using...Think I'll be selling more plants...so I need to get a reseller's permit now...that's the part i hate...keeping up with filing the forms, etc...but we'll see how it goes...I don't want to turn this into a job...oh, by the way, I got another order for a Dragonstone piece...wasn't looking for it because I work outside and it's a little uncomfortable out there right now...last year I did work in the heat...but this year as I recuperate, I just don't feel like it, so I'm gonna move some of the workspace inside to our utility room where we have a granite countertop that I spread a clothe backed plastic table cover over...the will and the way thing, you know...

I'm like you guys and gals...I remember working out in the sun a lot and it not bothering me, but like you say, I didn't know any different either...plus we were all quite a bit younger and could stand more adverse conditions than we can today... :D

While I type this I'm putzing in the fishroom...going from one little project to another...can't seem to concentrate...PT in 2 hours...

Have good days folks!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, it doesn't take a shrink to know that the reason you can't concentrate is because your mind is so focused on your new venture.  I'm with you when it comes to any kind of paperwork.  I hope your new business brings you joy and satisfaction.

I like the guy who came to look at the wrecked truck after learning all he could about Charlotte.  He's a big young redneck guy.  He's going in to the deal with his friend.  His friend wants to fix up the wrecked truck and he wants to fix up Charlotte just to drive for fun.  His friend can get a title for the wreck unless it turns out to have been stolen and abandoned after being wrecked.  My towing guy in Ellisville who has saved me many times, picked the wreck up after it was abandoned on the side of the road.  The young guys are going to come and get the vin number from the wreck tomorrow morning before they head to work.

I hope they buy the trucks and don't have to nickel and dime me about the price.  What I'm asking is cheap enough as it is.  I don't want to haggle money over Charlotte.  It's damn hard enough for me to pass her on to a new owner.

wsantia1

Hi everyone I am a little late to the party today. It was a hot day out there but after PT I had to run a few errands and got back later than expected. Just finishing up in the fishroom.

Hopefully everyone had a wonderful day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 26, 2021, 07:05:57 PM
Ron, it doesn't take a shrink to know that the reason you can't concentrate is because your mind is so focused on your new venture.  I'm with you when it comes to any kind of paperwork.  I hope your new business brings you joy and satisfaction.

I like the guy who came to look at the wrecked truck after learning all he could about Charlotte.  He's a big young redneck guy.  He's going in to the deal with his friend.  His friend wants to fix up the wrecked truck and he wants to fix up Charlotte just to drive for fun.  His friend can get a title for the wreck unless it turns out to have been stolen and abandoned after being wrecked.  My towing guy in Ellisville who has saved me many times, picked the wreck up after it was abandoned on the side of the road.  The young guys are going to come and get the vin number from the wreck tomorrow morning before they head to work.

I hope they buy the trucks and don't have to nickel and dime me about the price.  What I'm asking is cheap enough as it is.  I don't want to haggle money over Charlotte.  It's damn hard enough for me to pass her on to a new owner.
...I've noticed that I've not had very good attention span since the surgery...could be the drugs originally...maybe pain... who knows...but it's getting better almost every day... ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron