• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 01:15:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 547
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 545
Total: 545

Wednesday

Started by Barb, April 15, 2020, 11:42:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

How are you all?  Doing OK here, l had to take Bill to Dr. for knee injections.  Back to Winter today, only 45 now. And windy.  Anyone doing anything special today?  Got your govt, stimulus check yet?  We did. |^|
Barb

LizStreithorst

I haven't checked my bank account yet, so I'm not sure.  It's cold here, too.  It will warm up to close to 70 later.  The little chicks were all huddled under the heat lamp this morning.  One more day of this false winter and we'll start getting back to normal.

I transplanted some lantana earlier.  I need to run the sprinkler for several hours so I can weed will enough to move a bunch of stray flowers that I can't remember the name of.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Barb and all. It's winter here too. It raining when I got up and when you add temps in the high 30s and high winds it was miserable out. It is currently 51 degrees and sunny out with winds at 10-15 mph. Still winter to me.

Yes I got my stimulus check today and used part of it to make my quarterly payment to medicare.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...Hi gang!...and good afternoon!...slept late this morning...had my cereal and called and chatted with my old buddies from Florence...mostly the guys that came by for coffee in the mornings...all are doing well and managing their confinements in good order....

...I just finished attaching a blue backing to the new 125...now am working on setting up the FX4 canister...never had one before, so am taking my time doing it so I understand the waterflow...need to cut another opening or two in the stand to space the inflow and outflow tubes where i want them...

...it's 78 and sunny...I think I'll get a walk in this afternoon after I get some cacti planted....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I guess I didn't do nothing today.  I got a dog at 10:00.  A new customer!  Dumped some  stuff on the compost and dug deeper into the pile to mulch my peas that are growing well.  I dug my hand into a fire ant house.  Luckily I'm less allergic than most and only got bitten a few times.  Next I went on a fire ant killing binge.  I had a bunch of big mounds along the fence like close to my Irises.  Transplanted a few flowers, and got weeds pulled from a different garden.  The one I want to plant in the most heeded the sprinkler on it to make the deep weeds easier to pull.

When I fed the chickens their treat, my young Bielefelder rooster jumped/flew over the pen he's in.  He's too big for the cat to mess with so when I knew that he really yearned to be in with his lady friend, I gentle herded him back inside.

All that's left now is WC which I'm headed down to get going on now.  Hope I'm more productive tomorrow, but I've enjoyed today.

Babers

Tired today....almost done working today. Worked 6 12-hour days in the last 7 days. So I'm ready for my days off.  Have a couple drinks when I get home...

No Stimulus check here yet...

Goodnight guys/gals....it's gonna be an early night for me...
Joel

LizStreithorst

You deserve a good rest, Joel.

Something awful that turned out to be seemingly a glitch of some kind happened to me.  My computer quit working!  At first it was just way slow.  Then all I got was a black screen.  Rebooting didn't help.  I unplugged all the main stuff, waited several hours and plugged it all back in again. Everything seems to be OK now, but time will tell.