• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 05:27:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 765
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 756
Total: 756

Older Cory's....

Started by Mugwump, September 28, 2014, 07:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...we're starting to lose some our oldest cory's now....found another one the other day. These little sweeties have done their job well. These are from a pod from years back, I split them up in smaller groups for retirement....6-8+yrs-??? not sure how old they are...??  many fry from these in the past...
The remainder are still pretty daggone active for their age....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

It' always tough to lose your fish. It's even tougher lose the ones that have served you well.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 28, 2014, 07:26:27 AM
It' always tough to lose your fish. It's even tougher lose the ones that have served you well.

Yes, as you know, I might be the only hobbyist with 'retirement' tanks... ;D....Older angel pairs, and others go in there to live, unless I can can find them a good home. One guy out here likes my retiree's for his 250 gal show tank. In maturity they take on even more elegance. Our Smokey green leopard veil and Turk pair lived down there for almost 8 years. She blessed us with a huge spawn a month before she died. He died less than a week later....As old as they were, they'd still wiggle and shimmer for me when I approached the tank...feeding time or not... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

My oldest fish is a 13 year old common pleco.  I got him as a little bitty thing in 2001 when I got interested in fish.  He's been through 3 moves of house with me, and is now living in my display tank at the shop.  People always comment on him.  He's been a good boy.  Never tried to suck on the sides of the Discus.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 28, 2014, 10:00:05 AM
My oldest fish is a 13 year old common pleco.  I got him as a little bitty thing in 2001 when I got interested in fish.  He's been through 3 moves of house with me, and is now living in my display tank at the shop.  People always comment on him.  He's been a good boy.  Never tried to suck on the sides of the Discus.

...like an old friend, huh?......say 'hi' every morning too....?
Jon

LizStreithorst

Yeah, he's kind of a buddy.  I've considered bringing him back home where I do a better job keeping the tanks get daily WC rather than weekly.  He seems happy where he is, though.  He has gravel and a big Amazon Sword.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ghonk

Worked in a shop,.customer said he had some silver dollars for 23 or 26 years ,don't remember which.
Didn't realize they got that old.

ilroost

I have some silver dollars that are around 10 years old now

PaulineMi

I have a 10 yr old tiger pleco.  Once in awhile I see him.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)