• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 01:11:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 769
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 757
Total: 758

Champaign area fish exchange Auction Jan 19

Started by Frank The Plumber, January 01, 2013, 07:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank The Plumber

I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

ilroost

I will be there as always. That is the local fish club i belong to

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Quote from: ilroost on January 04, 2013, 08:01:16 PM
I will be there as always. That is the local fish club i belong to

Did you auction off some L144 blue eyed long fin plecos in July There?
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

ilroost

no but a friend of mine that lives in bloomington did.
Tomorrow is the big day. Lets hope i don't break the bank lol

Frank The Plumber

I scored fairly well at the auction. There were a lot of buyers and the vibe was great there today. I did well selling and buying too.

Took 60 bags, 35 in angels, 2 of each type.

Scored twice, two pairs of adult long fin calico bristlenose.
Added a third trio of adult L144 blue eyed long fins.
Added 4 long fin brown bristlenose to the collection.

Happ happ happy me!

The calicos are smokin hot.

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on January 19, 2013, 05:33:32 PM
I scored fairly well at the auction. There were a lot of buyers and the vibe was great there today. I did well selling and buying too.

Took 60 bags, 35 in angels, 2 of each type.

Scored twice, two pairs of adult long fin calico bristlenose.
Added a third trio of adult L144 blue eyed long fins.
Added 4 long fin brown bristlenose to the collection.

Happ happ happy me!

The calicos are smokin hot.

Good haul, Frank....you gonna share???.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Scott

ilroost

LOTS OF PLECO'S thats for sure. where was you sitting frank? spent way to much, jeeezzz i'm addicted to fish!!!Frank did you see the wild caught swords from rusty weesel. I  really wanted them, but no more tank space here
Did get a nice festivum and some nice z-rock cichlids

Mugwump

Sounds like you guys scored some nice goodies....sweeeet
Jon

Frank The Plumber

There were a lot of really cool fish there. The auctions have been getting better lately at CAFE and Green water. More variety and more people which is really great for our hobby. I had to control myself and I looked at all of the neat stuff but slapped my hand before it got into my pocket. I was in the back corner and just hard bid the calico plecs and the one pair of albino LF's because..Hey, I love them. ;D I had to scoot early and go see the girl at school for brunch. I got to go to an auction and visit the girl on the same day and so the Mrs. was happy too. Had to go to Mary Ann's for brunch. I go there every time I'm in Champaign. Chicken Fried steak with white gravy. Gotta have it. Good thing it is so far away.

ilroost

I seen you then. You kept your hand up the whole time the calico's was bidding. lol
Got some nice nana anubias plants also. lots of nice plants, but it seemed everyone was there for them

Frank The Plumber

Hey! I know good when I sees it. the gentleman with the plecos has really nice stuff. I was going to go to see the girl and then I over heard him telling the guys he had the calicos and zoooot, I hit the old brakes and went searching. OOOPs I found them and oooops again they were gorgeous and there was love. Those are lovely adult fish. The albinos L144's I bought there are already on eggs.

Frank The Plumber

These are the calicos. Put them into the 120 on Saturday at 4PM. Took the pic today at 5PM.