• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 01:23:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 45
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 33
Total: 33

GCCA 'member' Swap registration...

Started by Mugwump, January 04, 2015, 10:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 09, 2015, 10:42:58 AM
Sometimes clubs get a bit overzealous trying to bring in money for other things.  That's what this looks like.

When we outgrew our swap site, rather than over-sell tables, we simply moved the event to another site.  No hard feelings and the event is bigger and better than ever.

Dennis

Dennis, the site is about the size of a major hotel ballroom+....it's pretty big...actually it's in two rooms now...It will sell out most times....there's always a bad seat at a baseball game, and there's a few not so good table locations at swaps...entry fees are $5...kids free...tables are $40-45....
So it's really not about the money....

I was fooling with Ed a bit, and I hope that he takes it that way....the tables we had were about like the 'black hole of Calcutta'......LOL.....but the way the swap culture has adapted, they were doable...but.....any tables would have been better than these....LOL....if we get one of these 'lost tables' , Jan and I walk around before the doors open and tell the folks we that know where we're at.....most folks find us....and the hobby shoppers are a lot like garage sale folks...no table is left without inspecting it...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Partial vendor list is up now...................
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

When is the swap Jon? Not that i can get a day off anyways. Dang they are working me to death!!
So glad my wife is into fish and is keeping up with the water changes.
Hell i told her for helping me out so much i was going to take her to McDonalds and she can get 3 things from the the dollar menu instead of the 2 i usually let her get'

Mugwump

Bob, it's January 25th.....call in sick??.... ;D
Jon

Rjb3

Quote from: Mugwump on January 08, 2015, 05:53:39 PM
Quote from: EdKaz on January 08, 2015, 05:46:22 PM
QuoteI'll probably end up over there again...I don't care....folks that like our fish...find us...that 'crowd' in front of the table, does the rest of the advertising

No no no no......be sure to ask for and take the CORNER TABLE ...........not the easily accessed one you had last swap.

In about 8-9-10 years of going to GCCA swaps...we've been everywhere..if they know you, they'll hunt you down.....if you have items that they've seen on the vendor sheets, and want, they'll look for you....

I got your corner table,Ed.

Rjb3

News flash from Shawn. Matt is working on a fix.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 21, 2015, 04:57:03 PM
News flash from Shawn. Matt is working on a fix.

that would be nice  ;D ;D....now Ed would be pleased........................maybe??.... ;D
Jon