• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 04:18:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 554
Total: 554

Sunday gloomy Sunday...

Started by Mugwump, August 26, 2018, 07:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..this fog will burn off later I'm sure...but now the stuff is way thicker than usual.....

A quick errand in a few minutes....then just taking the day as it comes along.....might do a few extra water changes.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Sunny and cleaner. Coffee is great. Going up into the mid 80s with humidity rising throothe day. Heat returns with a vengeance tomorrow.

Going to the beach for the last time this summer. It's been a long time since I made multiple trips to the beach in one season. In fact when I was a kid my father used to take us to the beach (Coney Island) nearly every week.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I fixed the dishwasher I hope.  I'm doing a load of dishes now.  So far so good.  I blew out the drain hose and it was clear.  What I found was that the end of the hose connected to the washer wasn't pushed on far enough when it was first installed.  Seems strange that it would take it 10 years to work off enough to start leaking now.

I want to hang the hammock today.  If the weather stays good I'll try sleeping in it tonight.  I sure hope that my back will let me.  Otherwise that's $145. down the tubes.

My last fun chore is to hang the screen on the front door.  I don't mind having chickens in the house, but I only want the older hen who is finding it hard to walk and the young one who has chosen my bed as the place to lay her daily egg.

Other than that, just tidying the joint up and doing laundry. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Trial run on dishwasher successful :)   Screen hung :)  This one is much better quality than the one I bought last time.  The dogs think that they are locked out, but they'll figure out that all they have to do is walk though it. 

Now for a small sit down and a beer before I tackle the hammock.  I need to watch the video again.  There's a certain way to tie it that is not a knot, but rather a hitch.  I'm not good at knots and hitches and I need to make sure I have it down right in my head before I do it.

Mugwump

I tried to take a nap...naw..isn't going to happen.....eyes popped wide open...hate that....

..sooo just putz'n.....we might run up the street and pick up something for dinner......Chinese ? huh?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Hammock hung :D  So easy even a little old lady could do it :P  It feels very comfortable.  I can't wait till bed time.

Now I'll do the weekly WC on the snot and dot container outside.  After that I'm stuck with just house cleaning.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 26, 2018, 12:53:03 PM
Hammock hung :D  So easy even a little old lady could do it :P  It feels very comfortable.  I can't wait till bed time.

Now I'll do the weekly WC on the snot and dot container outside.  After that I'm stuck with just house cleaning.

...cool beans, ya got the hammock up....I knew you'd like it....and a lot more support than it looks too.... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

..it's 91degs here still...dew pt 77degs......yup.....a bit humid, huh....LOL.....oh well...... huh
Jon

Mugwump

Jon