• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 01:37:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 769
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 550
Total: 550

Saturday?..sure, if ya want....

Started by Mugwump, August 25, 2018, 06:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Taking my company to the outlets near the beach. They will like that but they need to get moving soon. They won't like that beach traffic that we will be in if they don't move soon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 25, 2018, 06:55:22 AM
Taking my company to the outlets near the beach. They will like that but they need to get moving soon. They won't like that beach traffic that we will be in if they don't move soon.

,,,you need a farm style triangle to ring to call 'em all down......or just put on some good tunes.... :D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 25, 2018, 07:04:07 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on August 25, 2018, 06:55:22 AM

,,,you need a farm style triangle to ring to call 'em all down......or just put on some good tunes.... :D

I'll give them a little time. I still have to feed the fish and do a little "gardening". Lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...finished all the trim in the bath yesterday and the little bit of caulking that was left after this last trim went up...then put the coat of primer on...I may get a coat of finish coat on today...or may not! :P...If I do Lucy's going to have to paint the low parts because my knees just can't take the squatting and getting up very well...I can hardly walk after the day is over...

...called the orthopedics after I finished all that squatting yesterday and got an appointment for knee shots next Wednesday...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hope you can get the shot soon, Ron.  I can't believe that you can do all you do with the pain you're in.  I can't do squat.  I don't see the pain doc for another 2 months!

I really need to pull out the dish washer today.  Last time I did dishes I ended up putting towels all over the kitchen floor.  That was 2 weeks ago.  For a while I washed by hand but I have a sink full now.  If it's just the drain hose clogged it will be an easy fix. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 25, 2018, 12:12:34 PM
Hope you can get the shot soon, Ron.  I can't believe that you can do all you do with the pain you're in.  I can't do squat.  I don't see the pain doc for another 2 months!

I really need to pull out the dish washer today.  Last time I did dishes I ended up putting towels all over the kitchen floor.  That was 2 weeks ago.  For a while I washed by hand but I have a sink full now.  If it's just the drain hose clogged it will be an easy fix.
...I do as much of it standing or sitting...that deters the inevitable...! wfwf  ...today Lucy will  be painting the lower parts... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It seems as though you have accepted it.  I can't seem to believe the fact that Wonder Woman has changed into a bent little old lady in less than a year.

Mugwump

,,,,the sun's out now and the humidity is brytal.....we just got back from a couple errands....we stopped at our favorite diner and had a late lunch.....now to chill out during the heat of the day... |^|
Jon

waterboy

Not bad yet, It's 79 out.  Supposed to get to 86 tomorrow with showers. Just lovely.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

waterboy

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 25, 2018, 01:05:05 PM
It seems as though you have accepted it.  I can't seem to believe the fact that Wonder Woman has changed into a bent little old lady in less than a year.

Have you tried a back brace?  I see a lot of commercials on TV for back braces that are supposed to solve everybody's back problems.  I realize they are mostly hoohey and just trying to get medicare money, but you never know it might help a little.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

I have considered a back brace but I found out that my problem was very complex.  The neurosurgeon 'splained it to me.  The problem is in my back but the pain is in my but and hips, rarely in my back.  It's due to something that is controlled by a nerve pain drug which they could "fix" with surgery but is being well controlled with a nerve pain drug.  what he can't fix is my degenerative disc disease.  That means that my back decided to fall apart before the rest of me wants to be strong.  I'm hoping that the pain doctor can do something other than give me hard drugs.  I know that I will continue to go down hill, but if he can make the pain go away for a while without narcotics he will be my hero.

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst