• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 11:49:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 799
  • Online ever: 799
  • (Today at 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 581
Total: 581

Bottom cleaners

Started by Mugwump, October 15, 2012, 09:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

I use 30 gal and play sand. I have java Swords. For plants. I have 12 to a tank. How biig are your pods Jon.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

My hi fin pod is probably 23-26....the std pod is 15...the Sterbia pod is 9....odd numbers are best, with males out numbering females at about 2-1 or 3-1......the up and coming pod...LOL....that's a circus troop.....shoaling from one end to another...while the rear piles into the pack at each turn....hilarious to watch....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

I think we talk about odd even before Jon. I keep 8 Males to 4 females. It is easer for me to keep count. I had mine in 20 longs also. Got a heck of a deal on 30 gal tanks. When I set them back up it will be in 20 long
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on October 20, 2012, 05:21:49 PM
I think we talk about odd even before Jon. I keep 8 Males to 4 females. It is easer for me to keep count. I had mine in 20 longs also. Got a heck of a deal on 30 gal tanks. When I set them back up it will be in 20 long

I know...I guess the odd comes from the 2 to 1 ratio thingy....LOL...heck, they can't count.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

Any luck with ur sterbai Jon?

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

Mugwump

Quote from: Jdmcfast on October 24, 2012, 07:36:31 AM
Any luck with ur sterbai Jon?

Posted using tapatalk 2

nothing yet.....they're not to active lately, might try some successive water changes??
Jon

Jdmcfast

My Sterbai are laying! Now I gotta do some quick research lol
Josh

Mugwump

cool....didn't Bob post something on them here somewhere??
Jon

Jdmcfast

Not that I have been able to find yet. So far I have only found one egg that I could pull. I have watched them fertilize several others but haven't been able to find them. Do they really fertilize each egg one at a time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Josh

Mugwump

Yep. and the Sterbia's will attach them most anywhere...under plant leaves,etc...lookee. lookee....LOL.....

here's an article

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=85
Jon

Rjb3

They're better at hiding eggs than the Easter Bunny.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on November 05, 2012, 06:35:58 PM
They're better at hiding eggs than the Easter Bunny.

well put...... ;D
Jon

Jdmcfast

I still only found one egg but that was while I was feeding them. Would feeding cause them to postpone laying the rest?
Josh

Mugwump

I, myself, never disrupt a spawn of anything by feeding , etc...
Jon

Jdmcfast

Well I was already feeding them when I noticed the one lonely egg
Josh