• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 11:38:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 523
Total: 524

Bottom cleaners

Started by Mugwump, October 15, 2012, 09:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmcfast

Ok thanks Jon! I'll keep an eye out. Keep me updated with yours.
Josh

Mugwump

Will do....they were scrambling yesterday, so hopefully something's going on.....??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

Yes mine have been very active too is that a good sign then?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Josh

b125killer

Will they cross breed with other cory's?
Scott

Mugwump

nope......a little different, I believe...maybe Cp'tn Bob will chime in...????
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

My breeders were always in species tanks so they didn't have a chance to cross breed.

Sudden activity is the clear sign of spawning soon. Lots of action.

Jdmcfast

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 18, 2012, 07:35:02 PM
My breeders were always in species tanks so they didn't have a chance to cross breed.

Sudden activity is the clear sign of spawning soon. Lots of action.

That is good news

Posted using tapatalk 2

Josh

JR

I have kept mine in species tanks also. So that would not happen. Was told a very long time ago it could happen. But have never seen it.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on October 18, 2012, 07:53:39 PM
I have kept mine in species tanks also. So that would not happen. Was told a very long time ago it could happen. But have never seen it.

me either...but I keep mine separated too....
Jon

Rjb3

I've only seen pictures of the "T" formation of interbreeding. Don't remember if the fry survived.

b125killer

Whats the "T" formation?
Scott

Rjb3

The female points her head into the side of the male creating what they call the  "T". At that point the eggs are fertilized and clamped between her fins. They are quite active while this is going on. He will make several passes wiggling over her head before the "T" is formed.

Jo

Very cool thread. Love all the cory info. What kind of tank do you keep these in? Bare bottom, sand or gravel?
Jo

Mugwump

I use gravel and small live plants...java fern, anubias....the cory's like to spawn on them, as well as every stink'n glass pane there is....LOL...
Sponge filters and/or a small hob.....20 longs are perfect...my hi-fin pod is larger and in a 30 long...
the 20 long also has a small bubble wand, for entertainment....they love to flit around it sometimes
Jon

Rjb3

Yep, me too. Twenty longs are perfect and a sand/gravel mix is just what the doctor ordered.