• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 09:09:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 589
Total: 589

I'm thinking it's Thursday...

Started by Ron Sower, January 28, 2021, 12:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...so I checked the calendar and....IT IS THURSDAY...!!! ;D ;D ;D The weekend is nearing (like that makes much difference to retirees!!!..)

...anyway, we're heading down to Florence to play cards with our friend Ron and his lady friend....

..so a couple days ago I began removing plants in the left side of the Congo tank...I'm resetting the plants for a little more visual appeal...one of the plants is a very large red lotus which has produced a lot of shoots and plantlets over the last year and I've been selling them...it had a huge root system extending through the whole left side of the 125 substrate...when I reset plants I usually trim off 2/3s of the existing roots which I did this time and set it in the substrate...the next morning I came into the room and the whole plant was floating!...I wasn't taking into account that I'd removed the majority of its anchoring system and the huge leaves and petioles were so bouyant...so I wrapped some lead weights around the roots at the base of the crown and reset it...that afternoon it was floating again!!!! ;D ;D ;D...so I tripled the lead wraps yesterday and this morning it's still where I placed it....
...You just have to be tough with plants that have a mind of their own  :D :D :D

... visit to the office to do maintenance on the aquarium went without a hitch yesterday...it sure is nice to have that 2-hr lunch period to work within...it only took me about 25 minutes this first trip...

...Have a good day folks...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi Ron and my other friends when they show up.  It turned cold last night but it's sunny out.  I did some raking, blowing, and hauling of leaves earlier.  Still have more to do.  I bought a bunch of onion sets yesterday that I need to plant but I may put it off until tomorrow.

The spice organizer I ordered arrived today.  I have so many spices it took me a while to put the organizer up and get everything from Allspice to Thyme in alphabetical order.  This thing sticks to the inside of cabinet doors.  You can fit 20 bottles of spices on each door.  I found out that I have 47 different bottles of spices.

I think I'll do a WC on the shrimp tank in the office then have a nice read until it's time for WC.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Ron, Liz and Willie!  We had snow!  Last night into this morning.  But it didn't stick, the ground was too warm.  However the low last night was in the 20's, high today in the 30's, same for tonight and tomorrow.  But it is Winter so I won't say more.  Sitting by the fireplace now, feet up, cat next to me on the couch, I am good.  Fish all fine from their cracked tank the other night and all that went with that mess.  Rug still trying to dry out.  Have a good night friends!
Barb

wsantia1

Hi everyone. I took a day trip to the DC area and the traffic on the Beltway was much  lighter than expected. I'm sure that because of Covid a lot of folks are working from home.

I'm home now and getting ready to relax a bit. I will hit the fishroom hard tomorrow. Have a good night folks. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

It's my Friday, let the weekend begin!

Dennis

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron