• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 10:53:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 495
Total: 495

HOT mag

Started by JC, November 30, 2014, 09:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

Thinking about ordering a HOT mag filter and noticed they have a 250 and 250 pro model. For those of you that have one which model do you guys use and why?

Mugwump

I use the regular 250........on the 250 pro, I believe that they just added a bio wheel.....??? something else to add to the cost of running them, I guess....I wouldn't buy it even if I was setting up a semi permanent hot mag on a very large tank....250 alone suits my needs........others may like the added 'bells and whistles' ????
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

That's exactly what I was thinking Jon. Thanks

PaulineMi

I agree with using the "regular" HOT Mag.  However they've  really cut corners on the quality of these things. I had one previously that stood up to lots of wear and tear. My new one....it's barely functional. It runs but parts have broken, come loose, it blows air bubbles and takes several attempts at times to get it running right. It's  quite a disappointment because they're unique and I really like them.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

I use the regular250  and I agree with Pauline about the new ones not being as durable as the old ones.  I bought some extra gaskets a while back in case in need them in a hurry.  Got the parts from Big Als.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ghonk

Saw someone had them for 50% off a few days ago,can't remember who it was,sale might be over now.

JC

Quote from: ghonk on November 30, 2014, 05:27:57 PM
Saw someone had them for 50% off a few days ago,can't remember who it was,sale might be over now.

Yeah I found that sale today but can't remember the website