• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 04:12:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 779
Total: 780

Chicago Discus Tiger Turq

Started by PaulineMi, July 04, 2014, 04:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

They've been here for five weeks.  Apparently the Tiger Turq decided to get happily settled in.

This is her...she's a pretty girl:

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

She is indeed a pretty girl.  Good fish.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...very pretty....nice vid ;D...good luck  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I just saw the video.  I didn't give it enough time to load before.  What is she laying on, Pauline and what on earth is on the top of what she's laying on?  It's light blue and looks sharply pointed?

She's a very nice fish.  Has she attracted the attention of the gentlemen fish in the tank?

Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

She's laying eggs on the uptake tube of a filter. It's a Marineland filter which has an opening that can collect debris from the middle of the water column. What you're seeing is the lever part that opens or closes the uptake tube. It's not sharp.

Thank you Liz, Jon and Willie.  This was her first spawn.  Very few eggs and they were getting eaten by the group as she laid them.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

b125killer

She is a pretty girl. Hopefully she can find a good partner next time.
Scott

ilroost

Barb

She is beautiful, maybe she would like one of my cones?  I know you have one!
Barb

PaulineMi

Thank you.  :)

Barb, I have three of your cones.  I put one in the tank for her when I noticed her doing her shimmying and pecking at one of the sponge filters.  Not being used to seeing a strange new item in the tank she decided to use what she could at the opposite end of the tank.