• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 05:02:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 514
Total: 514

Lookee what I just got....

Started by Mugwump, June 06, 2013, 05:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Barb sent these over, and they're sweeeeeet....I like the Green one best...wait, no, I like the blue one best.....wait.....They'll be in the tanks in the morn'n....perhaps tonight??...Ooooo...got a planter too....now what to put in it??????

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

They're really nice, aren't they.  I love my stuff from Barb.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

All you need now is a pair of Discus ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Oh good, glad you like them and they got there safely!  I agree with Liz, Jon.  Will be looking for my fish in the morning and have Bill open the box.   Thanks,
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on June 06, 2013, 07:29:49 PM
Oh good, glad you like them and they got there safely!  I agree with Liz, Jon.  Will be looking for my fish in the morning and have Bill open the box.   Thanks,
Barb

I put 'hold for pick up' and to call you...but I'd call them..that way it doesn't get out on a carrier's route by mistake...... ;D....they should be fine. I just wish the PO would update their web site...I know that they're still not in Forest Park, Illinois... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

USPS is my least favorite way to ship because their site dosen't allow you to track the shippment.  They say that you can track it,  but in reality you cannot.  I find it beyond annoying.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

My experience has been pretty much the exact opposite.  If the girls at the local Post Office hadn't been so helpful, I probably wouldn't ship nearly as many fish as I do today.

While I don't get an update just minutes after a package is delivered, I find the tracking at USPS every bit as good as UPS or FedEx.  Here's the info for a couple of boxes that went out this week.....

Shipment Activity                                              Location                                             Date & Time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered                                                      BLACK RIVER FALLS, WI 54615     June 5, 2013 9:35 am
Out for Delivery                                              BLACK RIVER FALLS, WI 54615     June 5, 2013 8:44 am
Sorting Complete                                      BLACK RIVER FALLS, WI 54615     June 5, 2013 8:34 am
Arrival at Post Office                                      BLACK RIVER FALLS, WI 54615     June 5, 2013 7:05 am
Depart USPS Sort Facility                              LA CROSSE, WI 54601                     June 5, 2013
Processed through USPS Sort Facility      LA CROSSE, WI 54601                     June 5, 2013 4:13 am
Depart USPS Sort Facility                              SAINT PAUL, MN 55121                     June 5, 2013
Processed through USPS Sort Facility      SAINT PAUL, MN 55121                     June 5, 2013 12:09 am
Depart USPS Sort Facility                              CINCINNATI, OH 45235                     June 4, 2013
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility      CINCINNATI, OH 45235                     June 4, 2013 12:53 am
Dispatched to Sort Facility                              TREMONT CITY, OH 45372             June 3, 2013 4:19 pm
Acceptance                                                      TREMONT CITY, OH 45372             June 3, 2013 2:39 pm
Electronic Shipping Info Received                                                                        June 3, 2013

Shipment Activity                                              Location                                             Date & Time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered                                                      EUGENE, OR 97402                     June 6, 2013 12:01 pm
Out for Delivery                                              EUGENE, OR 97402                     June 6, 2013 9:08 am
Sorting Complete                                      EUGENE, OR 97402                     June 6, 2013 8:58 am
Arrival at Post Office                                      EUGENE, OR 97402                     June 6, 2013 4:45 am
Depart USPS Sort Facility                              EUGENE, OR 97401                     June 6, 2013
Processed through USPS Sort Facility      EUGENE, OR 97401                     June 6, 2013 12:42 am
Depart USPS Sort Facility                              PORTLAND, OR 97218                     June 5, 2013
Processed through USPS Sort Facility      PORTLAND, OR 97218                     June 4, 2013 11:34 pm
Depart USPS Sort Facility                              CINCINNATI, OH 45235                     June 4, 2013
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility      CINCINNATI, OH 45235                     June 4, 2013 12:54 am
Dispatched to Sort Facility                              TREMONT CITY, OH 45372             June 3, 2013 4:19 pm
Acceptance                                                      TREMONT CITY, OH 45372             June 3, 2013 2:40 pm
Electronic Shipping Info Received                                                                        June 3, 2013

Now I've had packages got haywire in the past, but I've heard the same or worst from the other carriers as well.  No delivery service is going to be perfect with the volume of packages they handle, but I've had very good luck using USPS and saved my buyers tons of money on shipping charges too!

Dennis